Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benton/Church project | 40 fl | Proposed
(04-02-2024, 10:21 PM)nms Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 12:13 PM)ac3r Wrote: It's hard to tell if this would ever get built, though. I think a lot of people on this forum have misunderstood a lot of the Growing Together stuff, especially that big document that showed all these massive projects. It's why I didn't go make threads for all these. A lot of these are unlikely to get built. Developers love to brainstorm ideas and draft up plans for the future...

Does WRC have a thread (or even a sub-forum) for projects that were dramatic but never went anywhere? It would be interesting, from a historical perspective, to see what might have been.  Among other things, I'm thinking of the various plans to replace Wateloo Town(e) Square, the Kitchener Pedestrian Mall, and whatever plans there were for Cambridge before (or after) the flood control system was put in place.

No, I don't believe so but it's a good idea. Or perhaps even just having a mod edit threads for projects we eithe know are cancelled or at the very least obviously not going anywhere. Having a thread get switched to say "Cancelled" or "Stalled" might be an idea. Or yeah a sub forum for projects we know are 100% now cancelled would work. At least that way we have records available of all of this.

I like it!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »