Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
General Road and Highway Discussion
We could well get Eglinton-style grass tracks here once the LRT is built, because that would be kept short by the trains themselves. Doing so now, however, would require active maintenance, which I imagine would not get easily budgeted for.

(05-14-2024, 04:57 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 03:12 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: There is no reason to use concrete on the boulevard as "preparation"...the concrete there cannot be used to put tracks on, it will have to be torn up to place the tracks. It would have been cheaper, easier, and more environmentally friendly to put grass for the 10, 20, 30 years it'll take to build the LRT.

I don't think they are saying that the concrete wouldn't need to be torn up, rather that the entire road would not need to be torn up.

I agree, but nobody is complaining about the rest of the road, they are complaining about the median being concrete and not natural, which isn’t necessitated by the road being LRT read as was suggested.
(05-14-2024, 03:56 PM)bravado Wrote: Didn’t you know? Only concrete (conveniently) has no ongoing pesky “maintenance” like other, prettier alternatives do when it comes to budget time.

lol. This is probably on point. Cost of mowing once a month is just too much.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »