Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
511 is testing today (Sunday)!!!

I was driving a coworker home and we just passed it by Hayward, stopped in the curve, with techs out looking all over. The lights and arms at Block line were down, snarling traffic in all directions.

What do people think the weekend testing means with respect to possible opening dates?

To me it seems like they haven't given up on a December start but it'll be tight; as in the previous updates, there is no slack time for things to go wrong, but it is feasible if everything goes right.

As December gets closer there are also fewer chances for things to go wrong.
Indeed! That was my thinking as well.
(10-14-2018, 02:57 PM)plam Wrote: What do people think the weekend testing means with respect to possible opening dates?

To me it seems like they haven't given up on a December start but it'll be tight; as in the previous updates, there is no slack time for things to go wrong, but it is feasible if everything goes right.

It means we're going to have to get used to seeing it on the weekends... and at 5 AM in the morning .... or 11 PM at night.... because that's what it's going to take to get this going for December
I think now that the first vehicle is ready with the FIE, they now have what they need to do the OT to get things wrapped up.

A (large!) crew of orange vests was working feverishly at the car dealership on Courtland (Shelley?), at the location of the MIA gates and yet-activated stoplights. I guess the expropriation settlement finally happened.
(10-14-2018, 06:02 PM)Canard Wrote: I think now that the first vehicle is ready with the FIE, they now have what they need to do the OT to get things wrapped up.

A (large!) crew of orange vests was working feverishly at the car dealership on Courtland (Shelley?), at the location of the MIA gates and yet-activated stoplights. I guess the expropriation settlement finally happened.

Yep. And they want the signals up and operational before Monday's testing.
Had a blast helping out Sandra Dunn and her team build "Spinal Column" today, one of the seven art pieces yet to be installed all along the line!

Very cool! Where is that one?
(10-14-2018, 06:31 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Very cool! Where is that one?

It's going to be at Grand River Hospital when it's done.
(10-14-2018, 02:57 PM)plam Wrote: What do people think the weekend testing means with respect to possible opening dates?

That was my thought process too.  They haven't given up yet.
Who is this little guy looking all cold and lonely?
(10-15-2018, 11:08 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Who is this little guy looking all cold and lonely?

Attached Files Image(s)

He must have gotten lost on the way.

(10-15-2018, 11:08 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Who is this little guy looking all cold and lonely?

Attached Files Image(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »