Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Civic 66 (Weber, Scott and Pearl Pl) | 11 fl | U/C
In addition, Station Park, One Hundred, Garment Street and the intermodal train/bus station also help make King/Victoria feel like the most transformed area of the downtown, especially once the intermodal station expands and gets offices/residential towers built there.

There are also a ton of parking lots in the area which are rarely filled up. The city has been looking into what could be done with these (marked with X's...I don't know who owns the lots marked with ?'s) things. I know some affordable housing has been suggested, but given how much land there is that could be redeveloped, I'm sure it'll be a nice mix of things:

[Image: Capture.jpg]

But I definitely agree, this part of Weber Street is going to feel a lot different. I wish the city had some specific plan for redeveloping the area (given its proximity to Frederick and Market Station) - but even without one, it'll slowly develop and be completely changed in the coming years.

(10-28-2020, 12:04 PM)ac3r Wrote: In addition, Station Park, One Hundred, Garment Street and the intermodal train/bus station also help make King/Victoria feel like the most transformed area of the downtown, especially once the intermodal station expands and gets offices/residential towers built there.

There are also a ton of parking lots in the area which are rarely filled up. The city has been looking into what could be done with these (marked with X's...I don't know who owns the lots marked with ?'s) things. I know some affordable housing has been suggested, but given how much land there is that could be redeveloped, I'm sure it'll be a nice mix of things:

Yeah, if we look at a somewhat bigger area, King/Victoria is definitely right up there, with a lot more things to happen yet.
(10-28-2020, 12:04 PM)ac3r Wrote: The city has been looking into what could be done with these (marked with X's...I don't know who owns the lots marked with ?'s) things.

The warehouse on Joseph with the "?" is University of Waterloo property as far as I know. I also think area adjacent presently serves as some parking for the Breithaupt block based on the signage and shuttle stops in that area. No idea who owns it, however.
(10-28-2020, 11:27 PM)cherrypark Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 12:04 PM)ac3r Wrote: The city has been looking into what could be done with these (marked with X's...I don't know who owns the lots marked with ?'s) things.

The warehouse on Joseph with the "?" is University of Waterloo property as far as I know. I also think area adjacent presently serves as some parking for the Breithaupt block based on the signage and shuttle stops in that area. No idea who owns it, however.

That makes sense, I forgot about them. There was supposed to be a second phase of the pharmacy building, if I remember correctly?
(10-29-2020, 09:49 AM)ac3r Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 11:27 PM)cherrypark Wrote: The warehouse on Joseph with the "?" is University of Waterloo property as far as I know. I also think area adjacent presently serves as some parking for the Breithaupt block based on the signage and shuttle stops in that area. No idea who owns it, however.

That makes sense, I forgot about them. There was supposed to be a second phase of the pharmacy building, if I remember correctly?

Future UofW Faculty of Medicine ....  Wink
(10-29-2020, 10:07 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 09:49 AM)ac3r Wrote: That makes sense, I forgot about them. There was supposed to be a second phase of the pharmacy building, if I remember correctly?

Future UofW Faculty of Medicine ....  Wink
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener...-1.5782101
(10-29-2020, 07:46 PM)westwardloo Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 10:07 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Future UofW Faculty of Medicine ....  Wink
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener...-1.5782101
Wow!  I must have been receiving UofW/Kitchener/medical vibes through the ether earlier today.   I take it that this relates directly to Kitchener’s new economic development plan?

They now have the pile driver up and steel beams were delivered today.
I guess this can be updated from Proposed to U/C.
Record time!
There is definite construction activity now.

I hope this one goes up quickly
Official groundbreaking was yesterday. ABA has the same exterior render we've seen before, and a number of new interior ones. https://www.instagram.com/p/CIWxx-PA0BB/

The finishes for the common areas look really nice. Nicer than I expected
Crane base is in
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »