Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Civic 66 (Weber, Scott and Pearl Pl) | 11 fl | U/C
Ahhh ... colour me mistaken, then! In that case we are quite some time away from the first concrete pours yet.

The renders show some surface level parking in the rear, so maybe it'll be a mix.
I think it looks cool. But it'll depend on the materials
Construction equipment on site. Looks like they are starting to pile drive.

Not a pile driver, a well digger for geothermal energy.
This project now has a name, Civic 66. https://killamreit.com/new-development/k...n/civic-66

There's a post from ABA Architects about the textured concrete that's going to be used, https://www.instagram.com/p/CGuj559AatL/ . Apparently the building will be precast, so we should see it go up quickly.
Thanks for spotting that!

Stubbe's precast, the same supplier as the near-complete project across Weber St -- and at Arrow 2 as well. Maybe also other projects in DTK?

[Image: WeberScottPearlHero.jpg]

(10-27-2020, 02:07 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Stubbe's precast, the same supplier as the near-complete project across Weber St -- and at Arrow 2 as well. Maybe also other projects in DTK?

They are also the supplier of 1425 Block line road which is the project at Blockline and Homerwatson. They did Circa 1877 and they also did the project at Imperial and Ottawa behind Sunrise. I wouldn't be suprised if they did some student buildings in Waterloo.
In a couple years that corner will be impossible to compare to what it was a decade ago.
(10-27-2020, 03:02 PM)Spokes Wrote: In a couple years that corner will be impossible to compare to what it was a decade ago.

It's definitely a candidate for "most improved corner" in the region. A well-designed courthouse and two decent 10+ storey apartment buildings make it totally different from what it was. And I think we will see more intensification on Weber St in the not-too-distant future.
(10-27-2020, 01:49 PM)taylortbb Wrote: This project now has a name, Civic 66. https://killamreit.com/new-development/k...n/civic-66

There's a post from ABA Architects about the textured concrete that's going to be used, https://www.instagram.com/p/CGuj559AatL/ . Apparently the building will be precast, so we should see it go up quickly.
Interesting textured concrete paneling. glad to see they are actually doing this and not just including it in a render to be swapped out with plan black panels. Hopefully weber st can continue to attract midrise buildings. I think it will make a huge difference on how big DTK feels.
(10-27-2020, 03:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 03:02 PM)Spokes Wrote: In a couple years that corner will be impossible to compare to what it was a decade ago.

It's definitely a candidate for "most improved corner" in the region. A well-designed courthouse and two decent 10+ storey apartment buildings make it totally different from what it was. And I think we will see more intensification on Weber St in the not-too-distant future.

Hope so but there's also a lot of cars on Weber.
(10-27-2020, 03:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote:

I agree with regards to Weber St.

As for the most improved corner, you're right.  Although I think King/Vic will be #1 with everyone going for second place.  Now if only Market Square would get redone, then Frederick/Duke could get into the conversation.

I fear that the Duke tower is going to exclude Frederick/Duke from any most improved intersection competition ...
(10-28-2020, 09:39 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 03:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote: It's definitely a candidate for "most improved corner" in the region. A well-designed courthouse and two decent 10+ storey apartment buildings make it totally different from what it was. And I think we will see more intensification on Weber St in the not-too-distant future.

I agree with regards to Weber St.

As for the most improved corner, you're right.  Although I think King/Vic will be #1 with everyone going for second place.  Now if only Market Square would get redone, then Frederick/Duke could get into the conversation.

King/Victoria, maybe in the future. But, I think, the Pharmacy building is from 10 years ago, or so, and the Kaufman Lofts is even older. So, it's a big improvement over the long term, but recently the only new thing there is 1 Victoria (and the LRT).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »