Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Civic 66 (Weber, Scott and Pearl Pl) | 11 fl | U/C
(07-23-2020, 10:38 AM)tomh009 Wrote: I'll add that they have been doing some very nice work on the house. I don't know how it will tie into the development but it does look good.

Remind me - the house?

(07-23-2020, 11:49 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 10:38 AM)tomh009 Wrote: I'll add that they have been doing some very nice work on the house. I don't know how it will tie into the development but it does look good.

Remind me - the house?
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4512074,-...m2!1e4!1e1

Yes, I agree Tom!   If I had money, I would hire this company to renovate a house downtown for me.
Very cool the way the two matching houses "bookend" the entrance to Pearl Pl. I had forgotten about that.
If it's the same company, maybe it'll go up with the same speed.
The excavation has begun, well the asphalt in the parking lot and the demolition of the addition on the EIWO building anyway.
Not much digging yet, just clearing the (front part of the) lot so far. The back part, which also has the house, is still behind a separating fence.

The dividing fence is down, the grading looks more or less complete. Will excavation start soon?

Looks like this building will use Geothermal energy. Ingersoll Rand Geothermal equipment is on site.
This actually looks a lot better than I was thinking it would. I'm not a fan of the circular pattern design they have on the side closest to 82 Weber, but it still beats a faux brick pattern.

[Image: HFN1BFW.jpg]

[Image: 9VrRqys.jpg]

[Image: xIZOrbn.jpg]
That's unusual.  I wonder what cladding materials will be used for that portion?  I'm guessing that the street-level "screen" would be laser-cut metal rather than fritted glass, for practical reasons (although I see that it is shown differently in the different renders).  Rare to see purely decorative embellishment on a standard-issue apartment tower nowadays.  Is the design on the EIWO building some sort of corporate logo, or was it just decoration?  I love the usable courtyard between the buildings.

We'll only know when the thing is done, but my gut is feeling that this is interesting.  Like the Mayfair, it could give DTK something unique, even if not to everyone's taste.
It's almost for sure another precast concrete building like the one across the road (Melloul Blamey signs), so I bet the pattern is just painted on concrete.
Wasn't clear - will these be for purchase or purpose built rentals?
I think it's a rental.

Based on the grading that has been done and the pile driver on site, I believe they are doing above-ground parking only, which should significantly speed up the construction on this project.
(09-08-2020, 11:10 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Based on the grading that has been done and the pile driver on site, I believe they are doing above-ground parking only, which should significantly speed up the construction on this project.
The pile driver is for Geothermal Energy.  According to the link provided, it mentions ample underground parking.  I think they will start digging after the Geothermal is done.

https://killamreit.com/new-development/k...cott-pearl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »