Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackberry
Yeah, I've seen the Microsoft system in a couple of different rentals, with a couple of different software revisions.
It is by far the worst stereo system I have ever used. I don't even know what the BlackBerry product is like, but it would have to really be something in order to be worse.

The underlying system is QNX, the implementation still largely depends on Ford. From what I understand, QNX is by far the dominant system for in-car infotainment systems. In addition, Apple's Car Play uses it, as does Android Auto, which creates a large incentive for non-QNX systems to be migrated over.
Uh oh!  Blackberry shares up 30% in afternoon trading in New York, on report that Samsung looking to buy Blackberry.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102276894
Apparently not:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on...e22448085/
Potentially still on.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5270...t-reports/
The question is: who is making money with the rumours? Buy low, wait for this week's rumour, sell high, repeat.
BlackBerry is making motions to vacate the last building they occupy in the Philip/Columbia area. BlackBerry 10, which sits on the rail corridor, about 300m north of Columbia, is also the home if an in-use datacentre. Employees are to be moved up to Northfield Campus, and presumably the DC facilities will be merged with other DCs they operate.

From the CBC:

BlackBerry loss narrower than forecasts, revenue higher
Does anyone here even have a Priv?
I have a Privy. Does that count?
I'd love to have a Priv, but I don't use mobile phones.  (Yikes!, I hear them say.)
I have a smartphone but I rarely use it to make/receive phone calls. It's primarily my PDA (not to be confused with PDA.)
(12-18-2015, 12:29 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Does anyone here even have a Priv?

I do, I love it.  I will always support our local people...

(12-18-2015, 02:29 PM)ookpik Wrote: (not to be confused with PDA.)

Most other societies have no problem being affectionate in public. People hold hands, friends embrace, greet each other with kisses, you name it. Here it is so rare we even have a term for it!
I don't own a Priv (I use a Q10 now). I've never experienced any non-RIM smart phone operating system, but I'm told by people that use Android that I should want a Priv. Maybe in a few years.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »