Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-07-2018, 06:10 AM)rangersfan Wrote: The repeatedly delays of the project I feel have killed the interest / momentum / excitement of launch.

^^^^^ This...

It's not just that, but also at least an extra 18 months of higher property taxes with zero to show for it.

I was looking forward to the launch. Most people would be naive to believe that the ROW and Bombardier would have been 'on-time' despite promises of 'on-time' (and on budget, which it is not), but delay after delay after delay is not cool.

Where I live we *used* to have bus service, but it was removed when the LRT was approved, just in time for my kid to start high school. Lots more traffic now too. That said, my daughter had been looking forward to taking the LRT from her school to my work for a couple years -- this won't happen now. Both my kids are older now too, and had interest in the LRT a while back, but have lost all interest, as have I, and I really don't care anymore. Not like I can use it, but I had planned on trying it out a few time.

I know Canard is tickled pink with the delay, but the cynical part of me (which I wasn't when they first planned the LRT) is expecting more delays past spring, so I'll laugh my ass off if it gets delay again to mid-November next year and ruins everyone photo op. Though this is Ontario, you can have beautiful days in November - February and absolute crap March thru October.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jeffster - 11-07-2018, 07:30 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM