Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-06-2018, 07:27 PM)Canard Wrote: True statement.  I've waited years for this perfect day, and I'll be damned if it'll happen on a shitty, dreary grey day in the freezing cold.

Well you had better brace yourself, you can get some pretty miserable April, even May, days.

What, no Ottawa LRT vs. Waterloo LRT "hold my beer" meme yet? I guess Ottawa is the front runner to open first again?

Interesting that the report characterizes the specialized equipment as GrandLinq’s:
“As part of the Project, GrandLinq is responsible for ensuring the finished vehicle integrates seamlessly with the built system.
“The Region has finalized an agreement with Bombardier to install GrandLinq’s on-board equipment and to make the necessary onboard modifications to accommodate the equipment on each train.”

Does anyone know the nature of the problems caused by the software?
“Training of drivers has been delayed by vehicle reliability issues (it is expected that the next computer software upgrade will resolve the issues).”

Perhaps they should have spent less time on the flux-capacitor and time travel capabilities of the LRVs and more time on the on-board equipment:
“An ION vehicle has been present at some upcoming community events, with further events scheduled.”

Interesting that 504 is still at 51% completion of the on-board equipment – same as in September.

The report says that driver training has been delayed. So until the issue is resolved I would expect the same level of testing.
“Training of drivers has been delayed by vehicle reliability issues (it is expected that the next computer software upgrade will resolve the issues).”
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Pheidippides - 11-06-2018, 11:00 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM