Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterloo Region Council Election Discussion
(10-06-2018, 12:55 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: A large number of stations have at least one approach that wasn't thought through for approaching pedestrians.

Off the top of my head:
Willis Way - no way to access the north end of the platform from the east without a significant detour
GRH - no way to access the platform from the north
UW - access to south end of the platform the from the east requires a significant detour (many will simply walk up the tracks or between the tracks)

The first two of these are so absurd that I almost think it’s not so much that there is no access, but rather that the access is inaccessible, specifically to people requiring level access. I mean all that’s missing at either location is a curb cut and maybe some paint to indicate a pedestrian crossing; certainly I expect people to access those stations at the ends we’re talking about (I refuse to call them the “wrong” ends, because that would be obviously incorrect).

At UW, if the south end had just been done the same as the north it would be fine — path between the tracks to the next crossing. This would also avoid LRT passengers having to walk down the multi-use trail, which is going to be a mess whenever passengers have just gotten off the LRT.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Waterloo Region Council Election Discussion - by ijmorlan - 10-06-2018, 02:39 PM