Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterloo Region Council Election Discussion
(08-16-2018, 04:36 PM)KevinL Wrote: How stable is a platform with only three planks?

I was going to object to that, but yeah, that platform has almost nothing, and is confusing to boot.

But yeah, I don't think it's go much in the way of substance to support.

The "Rapid Transit" claims sound nice on the surface, but they're full of BS.  Things like " that will benefit every community in the Region" suggests "LRT is bad because New Hamburg doesn't get LRT", and public hearings and referendums suggest "Never mind all the thousands of people who have been consulted on LRT, we didn't get the answer we wanted, therefore, we need to actually consult the public, the real public, the public who opposes LRT".

It is nice we're back to the, "hiding your true intentions" world I grew up in though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Waterloo Region Council Election Discussion - by danbrotherston - 08-16-2018, 04:45 PM