Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-27-2017, 01:21 PM)jamincan Wrote: I know that ice can be really strong, enough to break rock. I'm not really sure what sort of pressures it would be under in a overrun scenario, though.

Ice breaks rock through crystal growth, which is not the same a simply crushing ice, given my fridge can crush ice, I don't think an LRT train will have much difficulty.

It's possibly the buffers are calibrated very exactly, but I doubt it's that close, like I said, my fridge, with a tiny little electric motor crushes ice.

As for the Letters to the Editor, that guy is either delusional or lying.  Anyone who's visited the actual LRT train and yet claims GRT buses are bigger isn't dealing with our reality.

This type of response isn't the one I worry about, I have to have faith that most people are more grounded than this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 10-27-2017, 03:57 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM