Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-20-2017, 07:46 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: However, I looked up some photos and the Ion vehicle was delivered on JTTX 157639 and at least one of Toronto's streetcars on (some number might be wrong, but enough to see the number is definitely different) JTTX 158091. So they definitely have at least two flatcars used for this purpose.

According to this post on UrbanToronto there are three transporters for the TTC cars.

Given that there are 7 cars due to ship for the TTC next month (when the second line in Thunder Bay starts to deliver), I would assume that there is at least one dedicated car for Ion that's independent of the other three.  They're a relatively simple modification of a standard TTX flatcar, so I wouldn't see any need to make a dual-gauge transporter that gets kicked back and forth between Kingston and Thunder Bay.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by KevinT - 09-20-2017, 11:23 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM