Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
The thing to do now is to evaluate the Maple Grove routing against the other alternative always on the table, 'Do Nothing.'

@DHLawrence, I don't think you can compare the R&T Park to Maple Grove. A station at Maple Grove and Fountain would theoretically serve Toyota and Loblaw's, but I think it's highly unlikely that a significant number of Toyota employees would walk across fields of parking from the Ion stop to the factory. Nor is there a lot of redevelopment opportunity- Toyota is not (we hope) going anywhere any time soon.

I'd be curious to learn about other LRT systems that go through industrial areas. It doesn't seem the best idea at all, unless those industrial areas really do happen to be on the way.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by MidTowner - 07-10-2017, 07:33 AM