Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Yup. Compared to our trains, the nose cone is ugly as sin!

Confirmation came today that Bombardier is moving production of the FLEXITY Freedom order (our trains and Eglinton Crosstown) to Millhaven:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on...e30101340/

This frees up Thunder Bay to focus strictly on Toronto's FLEXITY Outlook order and not get bogged down by the Freedom build.

Frames for both will come from La Pocatiere in Quebec.

This is good news/bad news. Good because I get to drive by the whole facility/test track whenever I visit my folks. Smile Bad because it means our trains are a lot further away than 2 months. Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 05-19-2016, 09:44 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM