Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmland conversion and landfill sites
I think this is the right thread....

Anyway, Jane Mitchel has written a fairly scathing piece on the land assembly: https://janemitchell.blog/2024/04/10/the...e-is-dead/

The TL;DR is that we're giving up the principles we've stuck to in the region for two decades for a few jobs and some greenwashing. And she's damn right.

I mean, I have fundamental problems with what is happening here, but I wouldn't like it even if expropriation wasn't being used here. I'm rather surprised how willing some people are here to roll over for a large corporation opening a factory. Like, if this was a developer promising sprawling housing, there wouldn't be a single person here in favour, but a sprawling, car dependent factory....and half of you have rolled over and shown your bellies. Capitalism is fucking weird.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Farmland conversion and landfill sites - by SF22 - 03-15-2024, 10:18 AM
RE: Farmland conversion and landfill sites - by danbrotherston - 04-11-2024, 03:25 AM
Farmland conversion and landfill sites - by nms - 03-24-2024, 09:49 PM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 03-28-2024, 07:55 AM
Farmland conversion and landfill sites - by nms - 04-01-2024, 08:21 PM