Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmland conversion and landfill sites
Weird...I saw new posts in this thread but they're all comments from other threads that got merged into this one. I think? I kinda wish this forum ran on something like what 4chan and other imageboards use, where everything is chronological and contained to the thread it was posted in, with little to no moderator intervention with the exception of removing spam or illegal content.

Moving things around like what happens here is super confusing at times. I know sometimes threads go off the rails and the topic changes for 2-3 pages of discussion, but it'd be simpler to just leave that and mention to people to please continue the discussion in the relevant threads. Moving the individual/multiple posts from one thread to another - or the random moderator edits and censorship that gets used on some posts (but then the unedited posts may still appear in quote blocks) - makes things extremely messy. It would have made more sense to just make a new thread for this particular debate over the 700 acres because now we've got a thread that is dedicated to that but also landfills - huh? And then 5 pages of posts that are debating everything from the ethics and legality of land expropriation to the economic justifications of land purchases. And, well, landfills too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Farmland conversion and landfill sites - by SF22 - 03-15-2024, 10:18 AM
Farmland conversion and landfill sites - by nms - 03-24-2024, 09:49 PM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 03-28-2024, 07:55 AM
Farmland conversion and landfill sites - by nms - 04-01-2024, 08:21 PM
RE: Schneider Family Lands donation to rare charitable reserve - by ac3r - 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM