Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmland conversion and landfill sites
(03-26-2024, 08:54 AM)westwardloo Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 08:31 AM)neonjoe Wrote: This better not be the chosen hospital site :/

hahaha 700 acres hospital site.  They accidentally added a zero to the requirement. 

I don't know for sure, but I feel like this is for a large multinational manufacturing plant.  Either the Honda or Toyota Battery plant. I am actually leaning toward the Honda, just because they have mentioned they want to be shovel ready by August. Honda is supposed to announce the location by the end of the year.  

https://www.cp24.com/news/honda-consider...-1.6715288

I get that 6 family farms is nothing to scoff at, but I think a potential 18 billion dollar investment in the Region and 1000's of new high paying jobs trumps the small family farms. People need jobs.

People also need housing, but I wouldn't support the approval of 700 acres of new sprawling and unsustainable single family housing either. The point is, we need good, sustainable jobs, in good sustainable developments, I don't think we know what this is yet, but the location and size is kind of a red flag.

That being said, if the issue of better urban form for housing is a niche issue, and better business parks is even more niche, then the issue of better manufacturing is even more so.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Farmland conversion and landfill sites - by SF22 - 03-15-2024, 10:18 AM
Farmland conversion and landfill sites - by nms - 03-24-2024, 09:49 PM
RE: Schneider Family Lands donation to rare charitable reserve - by danbrotherston - 03-26-2024, 09:52 AM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 03-28-2024, 07:55 AM
Farmland conversion and landfill sites - by nms - 04-01-2024, 08:21 PM