Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Yeah that's right, it's Borden!  There was a big foundation and cover on the "South" corner, for what looked to me like a big stoplight pole or train warning light pole.  It unfortunately basically decimated that person's yard.  Sad  The North West side of Borden where the tracks go looks like it has for a week or two now, no signs of Overhead Conductor System (OCS/"Catpole") work that I could see.

The latest ion update suggested that work at the Seagram crossing would start tomorrow, so that makes sense with the timing of University being back open as they move all their equipment over there!

On the subject of the warning lights, I really am curious to see what the final design of all the intersections will be with respect to lights, mechanical barriers, etc. - I know it's marked on some of the Design Reference Documents, but there are a lot of areas that aren't, that I think will need to have something...  Houston's system has gone totally overboard with this because they had so many crashes but their warning lights are really sharp - many of the stop lights (just regular 3-lamp traffic lights) have an additional red/orange rectangular"Halo" around the outside that illuminates when a train is approaching.

Yesterday, August 15, was the one-year anniversary of groundwork for the project. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 08-16-2015, 07:41 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM