Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
(03-22-2021, 08:09 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 06:34 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: I mean this render doesnt look terrible. I've certainly seen worse

The render itself is especially bad. The lighting and shadows are all messed up in it. Whoever rendered it has the recessed lighting above the balconies illuminated, yet it's broad daylight. The top floor has light mysteriously coming out of the walls (in addition to the lights) and for whatever reason it's also casting strips of shadow through the wall back onto the overhang of the roof. The background buildings - while not usually that important to detail - look seriously messed up in terms of perspective and texture. The little figures used for scale are all in completely incorrect scales and a couple of them are really desaturated for some reason.

I'm actually pretty surprised these are on their public portfolio but...maybe they uploaded them by accident? I feel this firm has got to have the lowest standards I've seen in Ontario though. They make Drewlo and Auburn look good. They claim to have been around for 60 years but I have never heard of them until recently. I haven't seen them do anything good yet either. Their "best" work to date is One Richmond Row in London but whoever designed it completely plagiarized the Graziani and Corazza Architects' design of Lago at the Waterfront in Toronto. It's almost the exact same building, but worse because it's SRM.
I should restate myself. I dont think the building in the render looks terrible. I've seen much worse looking buildings. I was not trying to say the render itself was good

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - by Bjays93 - 03-24-2021, 01:39 AM