Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
I don't know about before construction, but there certainly are a lot of GrandLinq and related vehicles that use the trail through there. That having been said, they don't leave them there, and are pretty polite when they encounter trail users (at least in my experience). And I don't usually see a lot of alternatives to their using it for brief stretches.

In contract, this truck that Pheidippides took a picture of is choosing to block the entire width of the trail, and could just as easily have avoided it. There's no chance that it would even cross the mind of the driver that maybe the trail isn't designed to carry that weight. Motorists who put their two-tonne vehicles on sidewalks and the like simply couldn't care less that they're greatly hastening the wear of the sidewalk.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - by MidTowner - 08-26-2016, 07:15 AM