Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
It's hard to tell, but it looks as if the entire playing field might be shifted north in order to add the stands on the south side. The just-demolished stands had about 35-40 rows of seating (from what I can tell from the Google Maps aerial photograph). The images above only seem to have about 20 rows of outdoor seating on the north side.

The other surprise is that the sample photos also seem to have eliminated the running track around the perimeter of the field. If the running track is retired, I don't think that there are any other outdoor running tracks of similar construction in the Region. The one at Centennial Stadium in Kitchener has long since been retired. The University of Waterloo did not include one when they created Warrior Field. Conestoga College does not have one. The high schools have stone dust versions around their football/soccer fields.
I know that University Stadium (née Seagram Stadium) was popular for school track meets. I don't know if they still happen.

I took a quick Google Maps flight over Ontario to look at other campuses and I discovered that most had a running track around their sports fields (eg Western, McMaster, Toronto, McGill) but at least one (Queens) did not.

I also realize that all of the photos for were illustrative purposes only and maybe a track will appear in a later design.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - by nms - 04-28-2023, 08:27 PM