Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downtown outdoor spaces
Ugh, the kerning...and...I wanna say rotation is not right on that sign.

Like...am I totally crazy or are the E and L crooked WRT each other.

(10-26-2020, 09:06 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Ugh, the kerning...and...I wanna say rotation is not right on that sign.

Oh no can't unsee
(10-26-2020, 07:07 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I like both spaces.  They’re more sophisticated than the previous iterations, imo.  I especially like the way Vogelsang opens up the area.

Couldn't agree more, especially about VG.  Love the open feeling
(10-26-2020, 07:07 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I like both spaces.  They’re more sophisticated than the previous iterations, imo.  I especially like the way Vogelsang opens up the area.
I agree.  I was there yesterday and walked around.  It is really nice.  It will be great in the summer.
The little space between the green panels on the overhead Goudies Lane sign had been driving me crazy since it was installed
Need some urban guerrilla action to fill it in?
Green duct tape?

(10-26-2020, 09:11 PM)plam Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 09:06 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Ugh, the kerning...and...I wanna say rotation is not right on that sign.

Oh no can't unsee

Yeah, people shouldn't be allowed to make signs when stoned. I recall posting a picture somewhere in regards to the Ion sign for "Kitchener Market" Station. I never rechecked to see if it was straightened out. I just think if this is your profession, you should have letters that are all aligned properly.
Vogelsang Green is a very attractive urban space. I have sat in the green area several times and I like the feel of the space. Once the pandemic is over, I see this space as being very popular with residences and downtown workers. 

The plaque in the corner is about a woman names Suzie that ended up on the street. She managed to raise herself out of street life and now an advocate for the homeless.
For bonus points, the transit police literally just walked around the parked cars....UGH...so frustrating...
(10-27-2020, 07:02 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
I agree.  I was there yesterday and walked around.  It is really nice.  It will be great in the summer.
Despite being deserted on a beautiful Saturday, I thought the refurb of both spaces looked great. For some reason, the VG space felt vaguely European to me...never felt that before in Kitchener.  Loved the high bar seats and the Goudies Lane sign too.

(11-08-2020, 03:32 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: On the way back we rode past Victoria Park. It's a lovely park, but during a pandemic, it sure feels excessively packed.

All depends on the time of day. in early mornings and evenings there are few people there. The best time to go, absolutely.
(11-08-2020, 11:59 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 03:32 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: On the way back we rode past Victoria Park. It's a lovely park, but during a pandemic, it sure feels excessively packed.

All depends on the time of day. in early mornings and evenings there are few people there. The best time to go, absolutely.

Oh, of course, I live here, I see it all the time.

But there is a reason it is busy at the busy time, it's when people want to and can go...and I am, at the end of the day, people.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »