Welcome Guest!
WIn order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
258 Sunview Street | 12 fl | U/C
(05-21-2015, 09:14 PM)mpd618 Wrote: Given that these buildings are to have ground floor commercial space, more permeability makes sense to get better internal connectivity in the neighbourhood, even if doesn't result in any better pathway out of it.

The plan calls for a 2.5m (8.2 feet) pathway would have been nice to see a 5m landscaped path ... oh well
(05-23-2015, 07:06 PM)MacBerry Wrote: The plan calls for a 2.5m (8.2 feet) pathway would have been nice to see a 5m landscaped path ... oh well

This building is asking for zoning changes before it can proceed, so it's not like the plans are set in stone. In fact, I hope the city pushes back on the plans at least design-wise.
The zoning changes were approved in exchange for the pedestrian path.
(05-24-2015, 05:46 AM)BuildingScout Wrote: The zoning changes were approved in exchange for the pedestrian path.

What? There was an informal public meeting on May 11 at which no decisions were made. (Minutes download link.) I do not believe there has been a formal public meeting at which the zoning change would have been able to be approved. If you have data to the contrary, please explain.
(05-24-2015, 02:50 PM)mpd618 Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 05:46 AM)BuildingScout Wrote: The zoning changes were approved in exchange for the pedestrian path.

What? There was an informal public meeting on May 11 at which no decisions were made. (Minutes download link.) I do not believe there has been a formal public meeting at which the zoning change would have been able to be approved. If you have data to the contrary, please explain.

Formal public meeting date is still pending.
http://www.waterloo.ca/en/business/250-2...iew-st.asp
Then I must be confusing this with some other project. I do recall reading recently about an approved trade off between construction variances and walking path in that area.
Updated renderings for this project:

[Image: renderings_v8_July-3_2015-940x450.jpg]

[Image: 258_Sunview_Pedestrian-Way_view_v8_July-...40x450.jpg]
Welcome to Downtown Waterloo.

I find it amusing that thanks to inappropriate upzoning over 10 years ago, University was mostly redeveloped as residential only, and now commercial is popping up on every single side street to make up for it. At this rate, University Ave will have a more 2-Dimensional downtown than King St!
Northdale should be renamed Prica City.
Some further updated renders available from this article on the project :

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2017/07/sunv...r-waterloo
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
  269 Sunview St | 18m | 6 fl | Proposed jd2015 4 2,541 06-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Last Post: timc
  255 Sunview Street | 12 fl | Complete Spokes 9 8,009 06-01-2015, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Spokes
  208 Sunview st | ?m | 12 fl | Complete rangersfan 1 2,060 09-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Last Post: rangersfan