Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving to Waterloo with family, need opinion from residents
Thank you both for your opinions.

I live in one of Montreal's sububrs. In Montreal itself it's definitely more dense and crowdy outside, but still most of people that you can meet in parks and playgrounds are immigrants and elderies and it depends alot from the place. And it's also a bit more anglophone as well. My city mostly consists of private houses and 2-3 storey houses with condos, mostly just like Waterloo as it looks to me now, and this similarity is the root of my concerns.

As for the language issue I've mention before, I'm pretty sure the language itself is not what causes people to react this way, instead it looks to me as it's the fact of the people speaking in a different language, as most of them don't even know which language we speak, name of which I din't mention intentionally so that nobody thinks I'm pointing to race, policical or any other selectional discrimination. I had some discussions with different people here on this matter, those who mostly stay at home all the day are very surprised that this happens, immigrants who prefer outside activities are mostly aware of the issue, some locals exlained this as low education and social skills in some layers of population, one told me that the volume and vibration of certain languages makes him think that people yell at him even if they speak aside to each other (wierd). I don't know, I just expressed the fact that affects my family in a certain place.

Can you please also tell something about the quality of daycare, school education and medicine? Just from your experience.

Drake, thank you for the library links, this might be useful.

Regards,
Alex
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving to Waterloo with family, need opinion from residents - by verter - 04-17-2015, 08:36 AM