Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Retail News
(04-28-2018, 01:04 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote: I am very perplexed by a new business opening up in the small Plaza at Weber and Lincoln. It's called Phamily Pharmacy, and will be in what was Koffee Korner.

What I find perplexing is opening a pharmacy when both Sobey's and Walmart (both across Weber) have pharmacies, but more so that just across Lincoln is a pharmacy at Shopper's Drug Mart which NEVER closes. Granted, I don't have an MBA, but this strikes me as a very bad business plan with regards to location. It has been suggested that maybe this new place will be a medical marijuana dispensary, but I do wonder.

I've wondered the same thing. Their business plan is quite unclear to me.

I also wonder about the convenience store that is 100m from the Sobey's that never closes. I guess they make their money on tobacco and it is fair that you don't have to cross Weber to get to it.

Same guy as Phamily Pharmacy in Toronto?

http://www.phamilypharmacy.com/2_aboutUs.htm
(04-28-2018, 08:58 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Same guy as Phamily Pharmacy in Toronto?

http://www.phamilypharmacy.com/2_aboutUs.htm

Good find!
Speaking of pharmacy's, there is a new one in the plaza at Weber/Philip, as well as a second one/medical clinic going in at the old Coffee Time at Albert/Hazel that was abandoned years ago.
Saw today that the owner of Legacy Greens recently bought 18 Ontario St N — across from Scotia, and plans to move the shop there. Had been wondering what was with all the boards and renovations going on there! Not sure what motivated the move - whether there's just more space, or if she was being pushed out thanks to the possibly impending American Block development to coincide with the Queen st construction
(06-18-2018, 09:31 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Saw today that the owner of Legacy Greens recently bought 18 Ontario St N — across from Scotia, and plans to move the shop there. Had been wondering what was with all the boards and renovations going on there! Not sure what motivated the move - whether there's just more space, or if she was being pushed out thanks to the possibly impending American Block development to coincide with the Queen st construction

I'm not sure of the motivation, but she moved today...
Today I noticed fencing has been erected in the Frederick Mall parking lot closest to the intersection of Frederick and Edna. I wonder if this is the beginning of the construction for the long advertised Tim Hortons?

From what I've heard, yes.
The Boardwalk has decided to take advantage of its cross-city status.

[Image: 3liu.jpg]
That might be the only spot where anybody knows where the boundary line actually is! Wink
(06-21-2018, 07:34 PM)panamaniac Wrote: That might be the only spot where anybody knows where the boundary line actually is!  Wink

I remember a while back the twitter account for the city of Kitchener was showing all the works of arts at The Boardwalk. They got a nasty comment from someone from Waterloo saying "That's not Kitchener...that's Waterloo". The city replied, something to the affect that they're aware that not ALL of the works of art are in Kitchener, and that some are in Waterloo, but they appreciate ALL the artwork, even if it's not in Kitchener.

Just funny how triggered some people are..
Legacy Greens is now on Ontario St:

(07-01-2018, 11:42 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Legacy Greens is now on Ontario St:

How nice does that look?!

Do those floor to ceiling windows open? There's no space to put produce out on the sidewalk in the new location, unfortunately.
(07-02-2018, 09:39 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Do those floor to ceiling windows open?  There's no space to put produce out on the sidewalk in the new location, unfortunately.

Yes, they do. I haven't seen them open, yet, though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »