Waterloo Region Connected
General Retail News - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Retail (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: General Retail News (/showthread.php?tid=21)

General Retail News - Spokes - 08-26-2014

General Retail News

Re: General Retail News - panamaniac - 09-03-2014

A "Re-opening Soon" sign has gone up at B & T Supermarket at 470 King St E. It is just about a year since they were closed following a fire.

Re: General Retail News - panamaniac - 09-11-2014

I had occasion this morning to stop in at Kishki World Foods, the updated version of Kishki Halal Food Market (200 Highland Rd West), which re-opened about three weeks ago. It has a very modern clean look to it, with a good variety of Middle Eastern foods, bakery, butcher counter, some fresh produce etc. I looks pretty good.

The variety of ethnic foods available down in that part of town is impressive. Afghan, Portuguese, Salvadoran, Ethiopian, Middle Eastern, plus EuroFoods just down the road.

Re: General Retail News - panamaniac - 09-14-2014

Taya Fashion at 157 King St W has closed. The St Jacobs store remains open. It seems that retail continues to struggle Downtown, unfortunately.

RE: General Retail News - rangersfan - 11-05-2014

The former KFC building at Highland Rd has been turned into an alterations and dry cleaning business.

RE: General Retail News - neonjoe - 11-24-2014

Looks like The Bargain Shop's cousin Red Apple in Forest Glen Plaza is also closing down. Maybe the company is going out of business.

RE: General Retail News - rangersfan - 11-24-2014

Sail opens in Cambridge on November 26, I am looking forward to checking it out.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 11-26-2014

I stepped in to The Bargain Shop this morning on my walk. I had forgotten how large it is and that it has a full basement. The place could very easily be split into two large retail spaces.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 11-29-2014

The Metro supermarket at 980 Franklin Blvd in Cambridge will be closing in the new year.

RE: General Retail News - TMKM94 - 11-30-2014

Do you know if the metro will be turning into a food Basics or are they completely closing it?

RE: General Retail News - DHLawrence - 11-30-2014

There's already a Food Basics at Franklin and Saginaw/Holiday Inn Drive, so it would be surprising if they did.

With a large Zehrs only five minutes away, the odds were not in their favour.

RE: General Retail News - greybird - 11-30-2014

Part of the Metro could be turned into a No Frills apparently.

RE: General Retail News - KevinL - 11-30-2014

(11-24-2014, 09:03 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Sail opens in Cambridge on November 26, I am looking forward to checking it out.

Stopped by there today, quite impressive. Amazing footwear selection, quite a good variety of other stuff as well; the hunting/fishing gear is all upstairs if that's not your thing, which is kind of nice.

RE: General Retail News - MacBerry - 11-30-2014

(11-30-2014, 03:04 PM)greybird Wrote: Part of the Metro could be turned into a No Frills apparently.

The always higher prices in METRO stores likely caused its demise.

No Frills is a Loblaw corporate brand.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 12-15-2014

The Cash Store at King and Queen Sts seems to have closed (again). I hope the closure is permanent this time.