Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Breithaupt Block | 16 m | 4 fl | Complete
Not sure when it happened, but I noticed the big orange "Breithaupt Block" tank on the south side has been repainted white and with the new Google logo.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

Aw, and no pics of it? Sad
Seems I had to get the pic myself!

[Image: b1MIz5k.jpg]

The building's coming along really nice. There are lights inside now. Looks great at night!

[Image: ih3cziv.jpg]
I really like this a lot. The contrast of old and new impresses me every time.

This stretch could be really cool down the road.
The Google employees are moving next month- let's hope King's Crossing across the street gets a move on.

This project has really turned out wonderfully. I remember being excited about it when it was initially discussed, but would not have guessed it would look this good.
I think Google is moving their existing employees this month, not next. That's what I've heard from people there.

I'm also attending a conference that Google is hosting next week, and the address they gave is for Breithaupt not Charles.
(11-10-2015, 10:39 AM)taylortbb Wrote: I think Google is moving their existing employees this month, not next. That's what I've heard from people there.

I'm also attending a conference that Google is hosting next week, and the address they gave is for Breithaupt not Charles.

You are absolutely right; I mis-spoke. I was told November as well. Possibly the weather has thrown me.

Has there been any indication of what will happen with the space that Google is vacating at the Tannery?
(11-10-2015, 10:46 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Has there been any indication of what will happen with the space that Google is vacating at the Tannery?

I've heard that Desire2Learn wants it, but I'm not sure given that I think they've also gotten the building on Michael Street?
I was told UW is expanding the Velocity Garage into the old Google space. I'm certain Desire 2 Learn is also interested though, so I won't be surprised if they're splitting it.
Supposedly, Google has just moved in to the new building today!
Confirmed. Smile
(11-16-2015, 02:56 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Supposedly, Google has just moved in to the new building today!

I can confirm they definitely have as I, too, have today started working out of (one of the smaller parts of) the Breithaupt Block.

Wow, there are a lot of closed roads around here :S

New Google office is looking nice. This is the main entrance for Google's space, just beside the general building entrance for the Breithaupt Block. This entrance actually surprised me, as I had been expecting the main Google entrance to be in the new building, but this doesn't look temporary.

[Image: tUgp3TJh.jpg]
That looks like the lobby of an expensive hotel!

I feel dumb asking, but... what do people actually "do" at Google here?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »