Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Breithaupt Block | 16 m | 4 fl | Complete
Dec 7, 2014

[Image: bnYHFo0.png]

[Image: 7MawDmp.png]

[Image: h8pcOFQ.png]

Sunday Dec 14, 2014
[Image: B41-O-sIEAEThpq.jpg:large]
Thanks for the photo updates!
The Google building is really starting to come together. Framing for the glazing has now gone up on the first two storeys. I'll be interested to see the first windows in coming weeks. So far, it looks a lot like the render. There is also work taking place at the other end of the Breithaupt Block, which I assume will be space for Google as well.
Windows are starting to go up today.
I've been waiting for the glazing to start! Really looking forward to seeing how it's going to look.
I believe Google is vacating their space at the Tannery. I have not heard anything further about what will become Google's current space at the Tannery.

Any new pics of this place?
Yes!  There is some glass now ...
[Image: WnPyk49.jpg]
I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of exterior cladding goes up on the original part of the building and on the "decorative tower" (not sure what to call it) on the front.
(03-09-2015, 04:44 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of exterior cladding goes up on the original part of the building and on the "decorative tower" (not sure what to call it) on the front.

Would that be a fascia, facade or a false front?
(03-09-2015, 04:44 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of exterior cladding goes up on the original part of the building and on the "decorative tower" (not sure what to call it) on the front.

I believe that is the stairwell that also allows access to and from the patio area.
By the way, the frame of the main entrance canopy is now up (looks very much like the render) and work is continuing apace on the old building at the Waterloo St end of the complex.

For the "tower" I'm betting on glossy white steel cladding with a Google logo on the top part. Big Grin
We've got another render courtesy of the Midtown Lofts project.

[Image: S17MQLB.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »