Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterloo Region Subway™ route map
The ™ is intentional - it's referring to the restaurant chain. If those locations were stations, what would the route network look like? A Reddit user has come up with this:

[Image: 2iok.jpg]

Discussion thread here, geographically accurate map here.

I think that whoever created this might have too much time on their hands.
Did the Subway at Weber and Fergus close down? Haven't been that way for a while.
I think it actually looks good. Maybe a new planner in the works
This is amazing, I loved seeing it posted on NUMTOT... however here it might not receive the same love Wink
(01-31-2018, 11:17 AM)KevinL Wrote: The ™ is intentional - it's referring to the restaurant chain. If those locations were stations, what would the route network look like? A Reddit user has come up with this:

[Image: 2iok.jpg]

Discussion thread here, geographically accurate map here.

HA! That's awesome...

I wonder how crazy the Tim Horton's one would look....

That said, the Subway name makes more legit. They should wallpaper like this for all major cities for their stores...
This is amazing! Love it!

I had no idea there were that many Subway restaurants in town!

(01-31-2018, 11:18 AM)timc Wrote: I think that whoever created this might have too much time on their hands.

Sidebar, but I absolutely hate this statement. As someone who has heard it all his life while tinkering with obscure hobbies, it really gets old, fast.

What are you doing with your spare time? Watching TV and eating chips?
It's been awhile since I've gone to Subway, but don't they have subway-themed wallpaper in their stores?
(01-31-2018, 07:48 PM)jamincan Wrote: It's been awhile since I've gone to Subway, but don't they have subway-themed wallpaper in their stores?

Yes, I think they have stylized maps of the NYC system.
I think that "Fiddlesticks Station" has a nice ring to it.
(01-31-2018, 07:05 PM)Canard Wrote: I had no idea there were that many Subway restaurants in town!

(01-31-2018, 11:18 AM)timc Wrote: I think that whoever created this might have too much time on their hands.

Sidebar, but I absolutely hate this statement.  As someone who has heard it all his life while tinkering with obscure hobbies, it really gets old, fast.

What are you doing with your spare time?  Watching TV and eating chips?

Not disagreeing with or challenging your feelings or response to his comment, but isn't the bolder sentence equally as judgey as his assertion?
(02-05-2018, 01:27 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 07:05 PM)Canard Wrote: I had no idea there were that many Subway restaurants in town!

Sidebar, but I absolutely hate this statement.  As someone who has heard it all his life while tinkering with obscure hobbies, it really gets old, fast.

What are you doing with your spare time?  Watching TV and eating chips?

Not disagreeing with or challenging your feelings or response to his comment, but isn't the bolder sentence equally as judgey as his assertion?

Is it judgey to point out someone's hypocrisy? More times than not, people who scoff that someone clearly has too much time on their hands aren't exactly making good use of their own time.

It looks like the St Mary's hospital location is not on the map.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(02-05-2018, 07:59 AM)jamincan Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 01:27 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote: Not disagreeing with or challenging your feelings or response to his comment, but isn't the bolder sentence equally as judgey as his assertion?

Is it judgey to point out someone's hypocrisy? More times than not, people who scoff that someone clearly has too much time on their hands aren't exactly making good use of their own time.

And which of us here is permitted to make that determination? Clearly not everyone. We don't know what he does in his spare time, so why assume it's something less worthy of consideration, or less acceptable than what anyone else here does in their spare time?
Besides, why take his original comment so severely? Was he for sure meaning to be derogatory, because Canard's reply was definitely meant to be?
What makes the first comment so horribly unacceptable and hypocritical, yet the response is perfectly acceptable?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »