Waterloo Region Connected
Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Connected Café (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: General and Off-Topic Discussion (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map (/showthread.php?tid=1143)

Pages: 1 2

Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - KevinL - 01-31-2018

The ™ is intentional - it's referring to the restaurant chain. If those locations were stations, what would the route network look like? A Reddit user has come up with this:

[Image: 2iok.jpg]

Discussion thread here, geographically accurate map here.

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - timc - 01-31-2018

I think that whoever created this might have too much time on their hands.

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - timio - 01-31-2018

Did the Subway at Weber and Fergus close down? Haven't been that way for a while.

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - Rainrider22 - 01-31-2018

I think it actually looks good. Maybe a new planner in the works

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - urbd - 01-31-2018

This is amazing, I loved seeing it posted on NUMTOT... however here it might not receive the same love Wink

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - jeffster - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 11:17 AM)KevinL Wrote: The ™ is intentional - it's referring to the restaurant chain. If those locations were stations, what would the route network look like? A Reddit user has come up with this:

[Image: 2iok.jpg]

Discussion thread here, geographically accurate map here.

HA! That's awesome...

I wonder how crazy the Tim Horton's one would look....

That said, the Subway name makes more legit. They should wallpaper like this for all major cities for their stores...

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - Spokes - 01-31-2018

This is amazing! Love it!

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - Canard - 01-31-2018

I had no idea there were that many Subway restaurants in town!

(01-31-2018, 11:18 AM)timc Wrote: I think that whoever created this might have too much time on their hands.

Sidebar, but I absolutely hate this statement. As someone who has heard it all his life while tinkering with obscure hobbies, it really gets old, fast.

What are you doing with your spare time? Watching TV and eating chips?

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - jamincan - 01-31-2018

It's been awhile since I've gone to Subway, but don't they have subway-themed wallpaper in their stores?

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - Drake - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 07:48 PM)jamincan Wrote: It's been awhile since I've gone to Subway, but don't they have subway-themed wallpaper in their stores?

Yes, I think they have stylized maps of the NYC system.

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - nms - 02-02-2018

I think that "Fiddlesticks Station" has a nice ring to it.

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - Elmira Guy - 02-05-2018

(01-31-2018, 07:05 PM)Canard Wrote: I had no idea there were that many Subway restaurants in town!

(01-31-2018, 11:18 AM)timc Wrote: I think that whoever created this might have too much time on their hands.

Sidebar, but I absolutely hate this statement.  As someone who has heard it all his life while tinkering with obscure hobbies, it really gets old, fast.

What are you doing with your spare time?  Watching TV and eating chips?

Not disagreeing with or challenging your feelings or response to his comment, but isn't the bolder sentence equally as judgey as his assertion?

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - jamincan - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 01:27 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 07:05 PM)Canard Wrote: I had no idea there were that many Subway restaurants in town!

Sidebar, but I absolutely hate this statement.  As someone who has heard it all his life while tinkering with obscure hobbies, it really gets old, fast.

What are you doing with your spare time?  Watching TV and eating chips?

Not disagreeing with or challenging your feelings or response to his comment, but isn't the bolder sentence equally as judgey as his assertion?

Is it judgey to point out someone's hypocrisy? More times than not, people who scoff that someone clearly has too much time on their hands aren't exactly making good use of their own time.

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - Pheidippides - 02-05-2018

It looks like the St Mary's hospital location is not on the map.

RE: Waterloo Region Subway™ route map - Elmira Guy - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 07:59 AM)jamincan Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 01:27 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote: Not disagreeing with or challenging your feelings or response to his comment, but isn't the bolder sentence equally as judgey as his assertion?

Is it judgey to point out someone's hypocrisy? More times than not, people who scoff that someone clearly has too much time on their hands aren't exactly making good use of their own time.

And which of us here is permitted to make that determination? Clearly not everyone. We don't know what he does in his spare time, so why assume it's something less worthy of consideration, or less acceptable than what anyone else here does in their spare time?
Besides, why take his original comment so severely? Was he for sure meaning to be derogatory, because Canard's reply was definitely meant to be?
What makes the first comment so horribly unacceptable and hypocritical, yet the response is perfectly acceptable?