Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ONE28 | 15 fl | U/C
I'd watch!!

Give it 20-30 years and buildings will likely be reclad or repainted. There are a couple of examples around town where buildings have had a massive exterior upgrade, even if only a new coat of paint.
[attachment=7992]        
Oh my.
Oi vey! I do like the blue glass but that podium makes DTK's podium look good! Sad
The glass and balconies here are surprisingly fine. The the coloured panels they're using on the other hand, are not
Lmao. I've seen nicer looking buildings made by children playing with Lego.

Looks like the pre-fab plant clearance bin with a nuclear bunker retrofit podium. I cannot believe Waterloo keeps approving these horror shows at all, let alone on its main corridor they just splashed out on re-imagining.
(09-23-2021, 03:33 PM)cherrypark Wrote: I cannot believe Waterloo keeps approving these horror shows at all, let alone on its main corridor they just splashed out on re-imagining.

The windows that wander back and forth as you go up the tower have become such a Waterloo signature, across architecture firms. I can only conclude someone at the city in the planning department thinks it looks good, and actually asks for them during the approval process. This isn't even a SRM project.
Disappointing because it seems to me that unless you are a Minecraft enthusiast the prefab concrete looks much better in continuous colour blocks. But I know the trend you reference and its baffled me since the first tower with that look went up.

I don't even think this one would look half as bad if they had just attempted some degree of uniformity.
That staggered facade effect has been common in architecture for years now. It can look good on a building that was designed by a good team or single architect, but now it's just repliced all the time. It's terrible.
King Street in Waterloo. Am I right??
The side with all the glass looks weird because the glass has a sort of blue-ish shade to it, where the precast concrete panels are definitely fully in the greys. Colour picks made by someone with a lack of taste?

Lots of these units are listed for sale now… so let’s play a game of rendering vs actual!

Exterior:
[Image: 77jVvUu.jpg][Image: jUyL69v.jpg]

Gym:
[Image: Q0Fh3yc.jpg][Image: obTNQge.jpg]

Lobby:
[Image: kRs2mC6.jpg][Image: aT20ri0.jpg]
That lobby has no connection to the render. It really shouldn't be legal for builders to do that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »