Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
Likely the old LCBO project, no?

(02-09-2022, 03:44 PM)Bytor Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 10:22 AM)ac3r Wrote: That's a weird claim. "Their house will be newer than ours, therefore it should not be allowed under any circumstances." Like...what?

Also, "socialites" is a laughable term to use here haha. When I think socialite, I think rich people living in Manhattan, Soho or Canary Wharf...not living in a bungalow in a mid sized Canadian city.

I'd love to ask that person what they think "socialite" means.

It's the antonym of misanthrope, right?
(02-09-2022, 03:44 PM)Bytor Wrote: I'd love to ask that person what they think "socialite" means.

Wild parties where everyone puts their keys in a bowl....
(02-10-2022, 10:27 AM)Chris Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 03:44 PM)Bytor Wrote: I'd love to ask that person what they think "socialite" means.

Wild parties where everyone puts their keys in a bowl....

More or less - I suspect that the person was trying for a more elevated way of saying "partiers".  Not that it makes the argument any sillier.
(02-10-2022, 11:26 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 10:27 AM)Chris Wrote: Wild parties where everyone puts their keys in a bowl....

More or less - I suspect that the person was trying for a more elevated way of saying "partiers".  Not that it makes the argument any sillier.

That fair a lot of people think they live in Elmore City.
This one flew under the radar.  216 King St S is now painted white and called "Maisonettes Waterloo".  7 units, fully rented.  I found one listing for ~800 square feet renting for $1800. I wonder where those who were previously living there have now gone as I imagine they were renovicted.

Quote:Bright & Newly Renovated Townhouse Apartments in UPTOWN Waterloo!

2 spacious bedroom + Den
Beautifully renovated original building
Private entrance, no elevators, no common areas - only townhouses in Uptown
Spacious private balconies for entertaining - no need to reserve common space
In-Suite laundry
5 Stainless Steel appliances
Large Living rooms and Kitchens
Lots of original charm and wood
STEPS from Uptown Waterloo and Allen LRT stop
Close to Google, Shopify, Grand River Hospital
1 car parking spot included in rent (2nd spot available at $75/month)
Storage available ($25/month), Indoor bike rack ($10/month)
Heat, Hot Water Included
Only 5 Maisonettes available
***PROMO***
**Sign a lease for OCTOBER 1st and receive a $500 VISA gift card**
**Sign a 2 Year Lease for OCTOBER 1st and get ONE MONTH FREE**

Starting At $1895 plus Hydro (Heating/Water INCLUDED)
*Non smoking*
(02-24-2022, 08:11 PM)nms Wrote: This one flew under the radar.  216 King St S is now painted white and called "Maisonettes Waterloo".  7 units, fully rented.  I found one listing for ~800 square feet renting for $1800. I wonder where those who were previously living there have now gone as I imagine they were renovicted.

7 or 5 units? I’m only asking because on Streetview it looks like there are 5 doors so if it’s 7 I’m curious where the other entrances are.

It would be interesting to know the owner’s strategy. There have been several cases of nearby properties being demolished and replaced by much larger medium rise buildings but in this case it seems they’ve just renovated the existing building.

(02-24-2022, 08:26 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:11 PM)nms Wrote: This one flew under the radar.  216 King St S is now painted white and called "Maisonettes Waterloo".  7 units, fully rented.  I found one listing for ~800 square feet renting for $1800. I wonder where those who were previously living there have now gone as I imagine they were renovicted.

7 or 5 units? I’m only asking because on Streetview it looks like there are 5 doors so if it’s 7 I’m curious where the other entrances are.

It would be interesting to know the owner’s strategy. There have been several cases of nearby properties being demolished and replaced by much larger medium rise buildings but in this case it seems they’ve just renovated the existing building.

It looks like there might be a couple of entrances at the rear off Dodds Ln.
I’ve always liked that building. Too bad they painted the brick.
(02-24-2022, 08:41 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:26 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: 7 or 5 units? I’m only asking because on Streetview it looks like there are 5 doors so if it’s 7 I’m curious where the other entrances are.

It looks like there might be a couple of entrances at the rear off Dodds Ln.

Thanks! I should have checked already:

https://goo.gl/maps/3CFiFXhVF4GB12i5A

Indeed, looks like there are 2 doors at the back. I wonder what the basement is? It’s not obvious that any of the doors lead to basement apartments. Of course it doesn’t have to be the same now; and the basement could also be split between the main floor units. Now I want to see if those garages are still there.
34 Laurel St (the ugly corrugated steel building) is up for sale. Zoned for 18 storeys. Hopefully we'll be seeing a new project here.
I'm guessing there's some 60s/70s brick under that, which had weatherproofing issues so was covered with this stuff? Ugh.
It's like the best looking corrugated steel building on the block.

I don't really know what's up with that street, it has a lot of rough looking places on it.

(03-03-2022, 12:58 PM)KevinL Wrote: I'm guessing there's some 60s/70s brick under that, which had weatherproofing issues so was covered with this stuff? Ugh.

It's brick, yes -- but from 1906.
About time. That old building looks like a miniature prison. Probably zero chance you see an 18 floor building there because it's in Waterloo, though, but it would be a decent spot for something mid rise residential.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »