Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Arts and Culture News
(02-27-2020, 11:00 PM)westwardloo Wrote: https://www.therecord.com/news-story/986...ion-plans/

Coles notes for those who don't pay for the record. It is recommended the city buy the BMO building on the corner of queen and king for museum expansion. The museum has to raise 10 million from private donors to facilitate a 25 million dollar potentially 5 story expansion on the site.

I didn’t realize that the museum hadn’t already purchased the property.  This needs to get done!

Would the 25 million needed include the purchase of the building? That would obviously go a long way.
(02-28-2020, 10:16 AM)Spokes Wrote: Would the 25 million needed include the purchase of the building?  That would obviously go a long way.
The property purchase is separate from the $25 million construction and is about $3 million  by the city then donated to museum,  if I understand the article correctly.
Oh man, I would have thought it was included in the 25
UW to host series of one-act plays

https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-new...ys-2137801
Not sure if there is a thread (of if this belongs in another thread) but the elmira maple syrup festival has been canceled due to covid-19

https://twitter.com/570NEWS/status/12379...56544?s=19
no way ?????!!!

Wow thats crazy!
(03-12-2020, 12:52 PM)Spokes Wrote: Wow thats crazy!
It is a crazy world we now live in!

The future is changing before us as each day or week or month happens.
"I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly."
Are you a fan of Shakespeare and the Stratford Festival.  If you are, there is some very good news.

The Stratford Festival is presenting a free film festival to entertain us during this period of social isolation.

The Stratford Festival has scheduled film showings around four themes that seem pertinent at this time of pandemic: 

• Social Order and Leadership
  • Isolation
  • Minds Pushed to the Edge
  • Relationships

All were filmed live before a Stratford audience.

Eight camera angles are used.  

Each film is available for streaming from the Stratford Festival web site for three weeks.  Last night King Lear was streamed. 

https://www.stratfordfestival.ca/?gclid=...lsrc=aw.ds

I am a huge fan of Stratford but I avoid Shakespeare for a number or reasons.  Hopefully, this free streaming service will help me appreciate Shakespeare a bit more.  By the way, you can click on the play and watch it on your big screen TV if you have one.  

Enjoy!
There's a new record shop called Orange Monkey Records in Uptown where Helen Anne Shop used to be.
Orange Monkey has existed for a while, I guess they moved.
Interesting to name your shop after a sitting U.S. president ...

Founded before 2016, I'm certain.
Orange Monkey was always above Jane Bond as long as I've been here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »