Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
I'm assuming by Borden = Benton for the above few posts.

(06-02-2023, 01:05 PM)neonjoe Wrote: I'm assuming by Borden = Benton for the above few posts.

Yes, I just routinely get them backwards. Though we really could use some better cycling facilities N/S in that area east of Sterling to link up with the LRT stations and new density going in.
(06-02-2023, 01:05 PM)neonjoe Wrote: I'm assuming by Borden = Benton for the above few posts.

You assume correctly - I always forget about Benton and all streets become 'Borden' for me (whoops haha)
I do that too haha. I frequently mix up Frederick and Franklin as well.

It did have me scratching my head ...
(06-02-2023, 01:26 PM)cherrypark Wrote:

Yes, I just routinely get them backwards. Though we really could use some better cycling facilities N/S in that area east of Sterling to link up with the LRT stations and new density going in.

Stirling.
The Building beside the right side of the Iron Horse trail on Gage (McGillivray Trenchless) is now vacant. I'm thinking some sort of development will probably be in the works. I looked on both the development application site and land owner site and didn't find any info.

(06-02-2023, 04:42 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 01:26 PM)cherrypark Wrote: Yes, I just routinely get them backwards. Though we really could use some better cycling facilities N/S in that area east of Sterling to link up with the LRT stations and new density going in.

Stirling.

Do I even live in the city? Debatable.
(06-05-2023, 10:45 AM)cherrypark Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 04:42 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Stirling.

Do I even live in the city? Debatable.

I became a true Kitchener resident the day that I spelled Breithaupt correctly on the first try (aged 34, after having lived in the region my entire life).
I suppose there are a few ways to tell the true mark of a Kitchener resident. If I give you a random address on King Street, would you know exactly what township or city to go to without looking on Google Maps? Do you know how to disarm Tina the Hunchback? Do you know where the popular cruising grounds are? Have you been in the UW tunnels - without getting trapped in that one room that is just a desk and a phone that you have to call in shame because the doors into said room lock once you enter it? Do you know where they hid Kaiser Wilhelm's bust?
I have a simple shibboleth - pronounce the name Weber.
I have lived my entire life here. We used to use “you can’t get there from here” when asked directions. The other response was “do you know where Hiway Markets is?” You would can an excited response until you answered “Well it’s nowhere near there!”
Supposedly, the vacant spot on King (that was beautifully renovated a few years ago but has remained tenant-less) next to fresh ground has been sold to a developer.

Golide's has been told they only have a few months to vacate, and in looking for a new location, they had their eyes on that space. But, just the other day, that apparently went up in smoke when a developer very suddenly bought it.

Considering fresh ground never reopened after closing during the pandemic, I wonder if that property would be included in the development too.

Vacant and renovated spot on King, next to Fresh Ground? Are you referring to the old Braun's space? As I recall, NEO Architects have already moved into that one.
Maybe 270 King?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »