Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
General Urban Cambridge Updates and Rumours
Just to toss my two cents in, I proud of the work that has been done for the past many decades as Canada continues to sort out its relationship with the Indigenous peoples. I think a milestone for Canada-Indigenous relations was the Berger Commission (1974-1977) which was a Royal Commission to consider two pipeline proposals in the North. The commission considered the environmental, cultural, social and economic impacts of the proposed pipelines. Ultimately the Commission was a turning point in the history of resource development in Canada specifically because it kickstarted (or restarted depending on your perspective), the land-claim settlement process.

I am also proud of the work that the federal government has done to chip away at the water crises on the various reservations.  It's not been perfect but it's been slowly, if inexorably moving forward. Compared to planning, development and completion of other infrastructure projects in this country, some of the projects have been proceeding at a relatively quick pace. 

The relationship is far from perfect, but it's moving in the right direction.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Urban Cambridge Updates and Rumours - by nms - 05-14-2021, 12:56 AM