Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
General Urban Cambridge Updates and Rumours
(11-14-2023, 01:03 PM)westwardloo Wrote: I like the idea of bike lanes along the entire stretch of Ainslie and I hope that is the option that regional engineers pick. The pessimist in me thinks they will choose option 2 with the 36 parking spaces, because local business still don't understand that people that bike tend to spend more money on business then people that drive. So they will lobby council to make sure parking is included. 

Again I prefer the bike lanes to be both on the same side of the street. It feels safer (More separation from pedestrians and vehicle traffic), they look nicer, easy for winter maintenance and seems like the city is planned for everyone with infrastructure for vehicles, pedestrians and bikes. Example of vancouver below. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.2790133,...authuser=0&entry=ttu

I like the combo lanes as well, but those necessitate bike boxes and with the removal of left turn lanes at the very tight lighted intersections on Ainslie, I think a nice green bike box on top of that would make people too angry…
local cambridge weirdo
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Urban Cambridge Updates and Rumours - by bravado - 11-14-2023, 01:17 PM