Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Post your pictures of Waterloo Region!
It was absurdly cold down there but I had to get some photos of a sunny, frigid day on my way to cupcakes.

[Image: zzOhoBh.jpg]

[Image: jPs5B6f.jpg]
local cambridge weirdo

Out for a ride today to check out a new Portuguese bakery and decided to take some sunny day photos in the bike lanes...

(Also I want every new build to be an exact copy of this row house for all time...)

[Image: CFLmabM.png]
[size=1][Image: a2nCv2w.png][/size]
[size=1][size=1][Image: LLNx1vQ.png][size=1][Image: kLz3RCG.png][/size][/size][/size]
[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: KNFmOcn.png][/size][/size][/size][/size]
local cambridge weirdo
The hexagonal roof shingles are great.

In the last picture, I have to say that what jumps out at me is that left turns should be prohibited and the space for the left turn lane re-allocated to active transportation. But I say that without knowing much about the area.
(02-20-2023, 10:16 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: The hexagonal roof shingles are great.

In the last picture, I have to say that what jumps out at me is that left turns should be prohibited and the space for the left turn lane re-allocated to active transportation. But I say that without knowing much about the area.

They actually close that single block down for summer and make it somewhat pedestrianized. Now we just need to convince the city to make it permanent…

Here's a shot from one of the family events this past summer on Main St, but I understand why city council wants those 5-6 parking spots back and fewer children around having fun  Dodgy

[Image: vzAshDE.jpg]
local cambridge weirdo
Man...those are great!
(02-20-2023, 11:00 PM)bravado Wrote: They actually close that single block down for summer and make it somewhat pedestrianized. Now we just need to convince the city to make it permanent…

Here's a shot from one of the family events this past summer on Main St, but I understand why city council wants those 5-6 parking spots back and fewer children around having fun  Dodgy

Thanks for the information. Cars really do take up an absurd amount of space in an urban context. If it works for a few weeks, I would need convincing that it wouldn’t work if made permanent. Remove or open bollards after 22:00 if necessary to allow deliveries.
Muskrat in Shoemaker Creek. Taken with my phone, so not great pictures.

Nice spotting! I can only confirm a raccoon in Schneider Creek, never yet a muskrat.
Not too often that you get to take a before and after photo of new housing being created, but have a look at this remarkable change from 1 house to dozens:

Before (2019):
[Image: Qs47CEZ.png]
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.3798924,...?entry=ttu

After (today 2023):
[Image: zbJl73A.jpg]

Don't get me going on the grey/black paint trend but it's still a win for housing and street life and community health!
local cambridge weirdo
Now I want some chips...
(07-18-2023, 08:16 PM)ac3r Wrote: Now I want some chips...

I can confidently say that all my gas money savings have been wasted on the super-healthy food options along this route, including Lays factories nearby Sad
local cambridge weirdo
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »