Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTIS | 6 fl | U/C
(CTV) Kitchener council approves heritage permit

Why does CTV always flash to renderings of the massive Charlie West when discussing this property? Fake news! Going to mislead residents.

(09-11-2017, 04:16 PM)highlander Wrote: Looks like there's a new proposal for this site by Vive Development - 6 stories, 30 units (10x 1B, 20x 2B) and 24 underground parking spots. Undecided whether it will be rentals or condos.

Modern condo could replace derelict site

Interestingly ... the head of Vive is Stephen Litt, who was also president of Revel at the time that they proposed to do the original development three years ago.  In between it was promoted briefly by Better Homes and Gardens, but that's a brokerage, not a developer. It appears that Mr Litt really likes this project and took it with him from Revel to Vive.  (It's not clear what's going on at Revel these days, or who is even heading up the company now.)
A new Vive developments coming soon sign has appeared on the property, so I guess it's not dead yet.
(08-16-2018, 03:19 PM)taylortbb Wrote: A new Vive developments coming soon sign has appeared on the property, so I guess it's not dead yet.

Vive is definitely going places!
This one's been rebranded as OTIS by Vive Developments.

A few new renders too:

What is this now, about version 12? Why can they not just get on with it?
Because the neighbourhood thinks it destroys Victoria Park. You know, sandwiched between taller buildings on all sides.

It's a very awkward shape mind you. I don't see either side being redeveloped soon, but the windows of this place make it nigh impossible to put much very close to them, as they require green space or the existing surface parking.

(11-12-2018, 01:43 PM)panamaniac Wrote: What is this now, about version 12?  Why can they not just get on with it?

It's quite similar to Vive's previous iteration. There were some previous owners, though.

Vive has quite a few active projects now, and this one appeared to drop behind some others.
I like the stepped back terraces. Would provide a cool hang out spot.
Vive has many projects on the go, they must be doing well.
(11-13-2018, 12:09 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Vive has many projects on the go, they must be doing well.

I actually don't see it this way.  I see it like, Vive has a lot of things on the go, I hope they can manage it.

Litt did the same thing with Revel and a number of them died.  

Auburn Dev has done this where they have a ton of projects proposed but only one going at once.
Will this (if it happens) be for rental only or condo sales?
(11-13-2018, 11:10 AM)Spokes Wrote: I like the stepped back terraces.  Would provide a cool hang out spot.

(11-13-2018, 03:38 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Will this (if it happens) be for rental only or condo sales?

The terraces say "condo" to me.

(11-13-2018, 04:00 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 11:10 AM)Spokes Wrote: I like the stepped back terraces.  Would provide a cool hang out spot.

(11-13-2018, 03:38 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Will this (if it happens) be for rental only or condo sales?

The terraces say "condo" to me.

Yes. But Vive has been doing rentals to date, so we'll have to wait and see. The Princess St condos turned out to be rentals as well.
Was Princess Street done by Vive? Or just commenting on the name not actually being condos?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »