Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parking in Waterloo Region
(03-22-2022, 08:41 PM)nms Wrote: I suspect that the issue is that in the image above, the accessible entrance is just to the right of the "No Left Turn" sign where you can see a green overhang.  If I remember the building correctly, I don't think the Water St entrance is accessible as there are stairs immediately inside the doors.

Ah that might explain it. Seemed it was a clear shot to the front door on Water, but hadn't considered the inside. It is indeed a bit of a long way around if the drop was on Water but one had to go to the far corner of the building. Makes me wonder who owns 10 College St, if its not the Church, and whether or not the city could help improve that parking area to move the drop off to there, which is not as substantially further away.

(03-22-2022, 11:06 PM)cherrypark Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 08:41 PM)nms Wrote: I suspect that the issue is that in the image above, the accessible entrance is just to the right of the "No Left Turn" sign where you can see a green overhang.  If I remember the building correctly, I don't think the Water St entrance is accessible as there are stairs immediately inside the doors.

Ah that might explain it. Seemed it was a clear shot to the front door on Water, but hadn't considered the inside. It is indeed a bit of a long way around if the drop was on Water but one had to go to the far corner of the building. Makes me wonder who owns 10 College St, if its not the Church, and whether or not the city could help improve that parking area to move the drop off to there, which is not as substantially further away.

What's wrong with using the parking lot and then walking along that sidewalk to the side entrance?
(03-23-2022, 11:42 AM)Bytor Wrote: What's wrong with using the parking lot and then walking along that sidewalk to the side entrance?

I don't know, but judging by the aerial photography, it is likely that the only church-owned parking lot might be off Bell Lane. It's possible that the parking lot fronting Duke St is owned by someone else or otherwise rented out for private parking (someone better at looking land parcels than me can likely confirm this). Most downtown churches weren't built with parking in mind, but over the years have cobbled together parking solutions. From what I have seen by their responses online, they continue to work with the Region to try and find a solution. Likely one of many conversations that are occurring along the length of the planned route(s).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »