Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
417 King St W | 55 fl | Proposed
The anticipated Ziggys location is up for redevelopment. I got word this is a 55 storey mixed use tower by Vanmar Developments. The development map will be updated with documents and renders next week. No word on the architect yet.

We knew this spot was coming, but I didn't expect 55 floors. Wow
You guys will like the design!
Thats a bold statement coming from you !!! Lol...I say it because your in the industry...Now I eagerly await...
Wow. Huge anticipation now!
The City of Kitchener has received applications for Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments to facilitate the development of a 55 storey mixed use building with a Floor Space Ratio of 21 with 622 residential units and ground floor commercial units. A total of 184 vehicle parking spaces and 312 bicycle parking spaces are proposed for the development.

https://calendar.kitchener.ca/default/Mo...07/01/2023
Exciting times! Can't wait for the city to upload those supporting documents. Hopefully we see something in the next week or so.

Theres a pic of the development in todays paper FYI

Edit: Potato Pic

There is ? I dont see it anywhere. On the electronic medium anyways..
(05-26-2023, 12:25 PM)Archetype Wrote: Theres a pic of the development in todays paper FYI

Can you share?
oh. its actually on the print version..
That looks like a Kirkor designed building. Hard to say how I feel about it going off that picture lol.

I wonder how the paper got a hold of the info before it was released. Interesting.
(05-26-2023, 03:59 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: That looks like a Kirkor designed building. Hard to say how I feel about it going off that picture lol.

I wonder how the paper got a hold of the info before it was released. Interesting.

You just need to email the City of Kitchener planning department and they will usually provide them (so long as they have them available). Probably too late in the day now but if you send them an email they'd likely give you the documents on Monday.

That image from the paper doesn’t look overly promising to me. Kirkor, while a small step above most of the local KW firms, doesn’t exactly have a super high reputation. If you look at a lot of their recent Toronto projects, they’re consistently bottom of the barrel with the occasional gem.
(05-26-2023, 07:24 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: That image from the paper doesn’t look overly promising to me. Kirkor, while a small step above most of the local KW firms, doesn’t exactly have a super high reputation. If you look at a lot of their recent Toronto projects, they’re consistently bottom of the barrel with the occasional gem.

I tend to agree with this statement. Kirkor is Toronto's version of SRM but since they are a Toronto firm their work is leagues better then what SRM produces.

I hold off on judgement till I see the actual render. Based of paper image I am disappointed. It will probably still end up being one of the nicest towers in te region. The podium looks promising.

To be honest I was hoping for something a little more unique like M-city in mississauga. Or something with a bit of a step back as it get taller to add a bit of definition to a box.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »