Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-N-Out Burger
Suppose to be one of the best US burger places.   Coming to Toronto

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2014/09/...o_toronto/

I ate there twice in California. Probably tied for the worst fast food experience I have ever had.
Tied with?
(10-02-2014, 09:15 PM)kwliving Wrote: I ate there twice in California. Probably tied for the worst fast food experience I have ever had.

So in other words the "In-And-Out" Burger really lived up to its name?  Big Grin
(10-02-2014, 07:03 PM)rickhd Wrote: Suppose to be one of the best US burger places.   Coming to Toronto

You should have said it came to Toronto. It was a one day pop-up. All the In-N-Out Burgers are owned by the original family. It's my understanding there are no franchisees.

I have been to In-N-Out a few times. I thought it was pretty good and something regional to look forward to while in California. 

Poutine in Quebec is great. Poutine in New Mexico is not. No reason to globalize everything.
(10-03-2014, 06:32 AM)Drake Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 07:03 PM)rickhd Wrote: Suppose to be one of the best US burger places.   Coming to Toronto

You should have said it came to Toronto. It was a one day pop-up. All the In-N-Out Burgers are owned by the original family. It's my understanding there are no franchisees.

I have been to In-N-Out a few times. I thought it was pretty good and something regional to look forward to while in California. 

Poutine in Quebec is great. Poutine in New Mexico is not. No reason to globalize everything.

In-N-Out is an outlier among burger places. They do the meat processing themselves and have one plant. All locations receive their meat from the central location by truck, which limits their potential reach. Also, In-N-Out pays their employees a lot more than other places, I'm told, and also empowers them more. So it's not quite the same cheap-labour model as other fast food.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »