Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Housing shortfall, costs and affordability
(02-06-2024, 10:13 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 12:39 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: Trudeau is none of these, to the extent that any of them express a statement of fact that can be evaluated as true or false. Get a grip.

I tend to stay out of politic talk on this forum as most on here cant accept another persons perspective if it does not align with their own.  I will push the pause button for a moment,  Justin Trudeau is a narcissist, ego maniac, misogynists and everything else that ac3r said...

So then you'd also tolerate me saying that Pierre Poilievre is "literally Hitler" right? Seeing as how we're being wholly hyperbolic here.

Because you picked traits that exist in some quantity in every politician. Narcissism, is a given. Ego maniac is just a derogatory way of saying the same thing. Most people in our society have some level of misogyny (although I'd say Trudeau is actually better than average here).

But you also said "and everything else that ac3r said" was that Trudeau was specifically "psychotic" "horrible" and "evil".

If you want to stand behind that, you can join him in the block list, because these aren't true things of Trudeau or, frankly, almost anyone. They are simply emotion, specifically an intense hatred shouted about a person. Not about a rational discussion of policies. They don't improve our discourse here, they aren't part of a pleasant conversation, all they do is incite and inflame.

Whatever makes you feel good Dan..

I am not offended in the least about what you call Pierre Poilevre. The fact that you call him Hitler though certainly shows your insensitivity to those who endeared the wrath of the real Hitler. I have been to Auschwitz in Poland and felt the true evil he bestowed on certain people. I have also taken the time to get to know Pierre and have had the pleasure of meeting him and having breakfast with him, he is a very kind smart person, so we don't share the same analysis of him. This is why it isn't worth discussing politics on this forum, like I said, too many people think they are the higher ground and know what is best...

I am not engaging any further..
(02-06-2024, 02:49 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Whatever makes you feel good Dan..  I am not engaging..

Calling someone psychotic and evil is engaging. Refusing to acknowledge it...makes it trolling.
Trudeau can just be an out of touch politician on the decline… because of hyper partisanship he doesn’t need to be a psycho and misogynist and baby killer . Jesus get a grip, everyone. I can say that PP is a nerd who has never had a job, but he’s not some dictator. Proportional partisanship!
local cambridge weirdo
(02-06-2024, 02:49 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Whatever makes you feel good Dan..

…  The fact that you call him Hitler …

Where does Dan call Pierre Adolf?

Certainly not in the message above, where he uses the idea of calling him that guy as a hypothetical example.

I am not offended in the least about what you call Pierre Poilevre.  The fact that you call him Hitler though certainly shows your insensitivity to those who endeared the wrath of the real Hitler.  I have been to Auschwitz in Poland and felt the true evil he bestowed on certain people.  I have also taken the time to get to know Pierre and have had the pleasure of meeting him and having breakfast with him, he is a very kind smart person, so we don't share the same analysis of him.  This is why it isn't worth discussing politics on this forum, like I said, too many people think they are the higher ground and know what is best...

I have difficulty with calling someone "smart" who thinks that Justin Trudeau is a Marxist.
(02-06-2024, 05:03 PM)Acitta Wrote:

I am not offended in the least about what you call Pierre Poilevre.  The fact that you call him Hitler though certainly shows your insensitivity to those who endeared the wrath of the real Hitler.  I have been to Auschwitz in Poland and felt the true evil he bestowed on certain people.  I have also taken the time to get to know Pierre and have had the pleasure of meeting him and having breakfast with him, he is a very kind smart person, so we don't share the same analysis of him.  This is why it isn't worth discussing politics on this forum, like I said, too many people think they are the higher ground and know what is best...

I have difficulty with calling someone "smart" who thinks that Justin Trudeau is a Marxist.

FWIW...I think he "calls" Trudeau Marxist because he knows it will engage his base, not because he thinks it's true. I think calling him "kind" is a bigger issue. But I've already put that user on my blocklist. Although I see they significantly edited their comment after I replied.

Block list, too funny I have never blocked anyone. In other words, they don't align with what I believe to be right so I will not hear other perspectives...
(02-06-2024, 06:15 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 05:03 PM)Acitta Wrote: I have difficulty with calling someone "smart" who thinks that Justin Trudeau is a Marxist.

FWIW...I think he "calls" Trudeau Marxist because he knows it will engage his base, not because he thinks it's true. I think calling him "kind" is a bigger issue. But I've already put that user on my blocklist. Although I see they significantly edited their comment after I replied.
i actually edited while you replied, don't pat yourself on the back... I saw your response after I hit the submit button  for the edit.. This is exactly what I predicted would happen to my friends..  which is why I don't engage in politics here.  But thank for making me smile
(02-06-2024, 12:39 AM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 10:36 PM)ac3r Wrote: … an evil, horrible, racist and psychotic person …

Trudeau is none of these, to the extent that any of them express a statement of fact that can be evaluated as true or false. Get a grip.

You are free to disagree that someone who was born into politics thought dressing up as people of colour more than once - because he thought it wa would be funny - is not evil and psychotic, but you're wrong. Normal people do not do this. Maybe you bought his bullshit apology, but plenty of us who are of colour sure as hell didn't.
Trudeau is not a Marxist per se, but much of his and his parties policies have been informed by Marxist ideology. That's fine, I lean Marxist myself (although I am ultimately an anarchist) but there's no point in denying the truth. As someone who has studied Marxist texts from Marx himself to French philosophers like Sarte, it is very obvious to see when you dig into the Liberal ideology.
(02-07-2024, 04:01 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 12:39 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: Trudeau is none of these, to the extent that any of them express a statement of fact that can be evaluated as true or false. Get a grip.

You are free to disagree that someone who was born into politics thought dressing up as people of colour more than once - because he thought it wa would be funny - is not evil and psychotic, but you're wrong. Normal people do not do this. Maybe you bought his bullshit apology, but plenty of us who are of colour sure as hell didn't.

Pulling out a gun at a party and randomly killing a bunch of people is evil and psychotic. Dressing up in a way that is widely, or even universally, considered to be bad taste, is not. Words have meanings, and Trudeau matches none of the ones you used.
(02-05-2024, 08:59 PM)tomh009 Wrote: You can make comments about politicians (and you just did). All I request is civility.

Frankly I don't find what ac3r wrote worth censoring, nor is it close to the worst breaches of civility on this forum which don't get removed or modified. To me that response feels less like a fair application of rules, and more motivated by his continuous provocations and attention-seeking behaviour.

Regardless (I don't care where the mods and admins draw the line on their own forum) I would prefer a post that breaks any rules be removed, rather than modifying the user's original message even if a small footnote is left behind from the edit. If not, I would suggest at the very least leaving the reason why a moderator changed another user's message.

(02-07-2024, 09:54 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(02-07-2024, 04:01 PM)ac3r Wrote: You are free to disagree that someone who was born into politics thought dressing up as people of colour more than once - because he thought it wa would be funny - is not evil and psychotic, but you're wrong. Normal people do not do this. Maybe you bought his bullshit apology, but plenty of us who are of colour sure as hell didn't.

Pulling out a gun at a party and randomly killing a bunch of people is evil and psychotic. Dressing up in a way that is widely, or even universally, considered to be bad taste, is not. Words have meanings, and Trudeau matches none of the ones you used.

You don't have to answer, but are you white? People of colour often do not see things like blackface and mocking certain ethnicities as simply "bad taste" because racism is not nice to witness or experience...especially from your nations leader. When you are on the receiving end of racism, it's a very humiliating experience. You don't get to decide how we feel and see these things.
Does anyone know if the province via the MTO has ever looked at releasing some its local lands for housing?
The one spot that I thought of that is underused is the former WB-7 > EB-8 Loop ramp. There is a creek running through the land but the portion facing Dixon would have sufficient room, especially if you consider that there is housing on the other side of Eckert.

If the Lancaster ramps were to close there would also be a decent sized plot that could be used.

Highway infra, especially around ramps takes up so much land and its not usable for anything.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »