Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
459 Mill St | 15, 21, 31, 40 and 44 fl | Proposed
Oh yes please!
Heaven help me if they reject this.

Any indication of whether this will be all condos, or will there be rental buildings as well?
(07-30-2022, 09:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Any indication of whether this will be all condos, or will there be rental buildings as well?

No idea, but with what's happening in the market, one would hope it would have a significant number of rentals.
Nice to see a good number of comments on Debbie's post about this development that are generally supportive of this. https://twitter.com/debbiechapman1/statu...lhMOY9zcHA
(08-15-2022, 11:31 AM)dtkmelissa Wrote: Nice to see a good number of comments on Debbie's post about this development that are generally supportive of this. https://twitter.com/debbiechapman1/statu...lhMOY9zcHA

I made sure to add my 2 cents, as well as on the Courtland proposal she posted about earlier. She came around for some canvassing in our neighbourhood a week or so ago and I let her know my frustration about council rejecting Park/Victoria. Hopefully this one can get through quickly and get built.
Proximity to ION should make it a no brainer
(08-16-2022, 08:08 AM)Spokes Wrote: Proximity to ION should make it a no brainer

Hopefully. But I have a strong feeling they'll get a bit of negative community feedback regarding parking, height, lack of affordable housing etc and then force the developer and architects to go back to the drawing board and shorten everything.

Has there been a peep from the Neighbourhood Association (Mill-Courtland?)?
(08-16-2022, 12:39 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 08:08 AM)Spokes Wrote: Proximity to ION should make it a no brainer

Hopefully. But I have a strong feeling they'll get a bit of negative community feedback regarding parking, height, lack of affordable housing etc and then force the developer and architects to go back to the drawing board and shorten everything.

Don't they always?
Its good to finally see decent, non-sketchup architecture being proposed in the region.
Mill Street plan would transform area around LRT station with six towers, up to 1,500 units

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fww...units.html
(07-30-2022, 08:17 PM)Spokes Wrote: Oh yes please!

It needs to be scrapped. It is too damned close to the Ion and will cast shadows on the stations, causing 100's of deaths per year due to lack of sunlight not heating those waiting for the train.
Sarcasm works better when there's an element of reality, no? The Mill station is more or less south of the planned towers.

(08-29-2022, 07:51 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(07-30-2022, 08:17 PM)Spokes Wrote: Oh yes please!

It needs to be scrapped. It is too damned close to the Ion and will cast shadows on the stations, causing 100's of deaths per year due to lack of sunlight not heating those waiting for the train.

I like your imagination but it only matters if drivers die or are inconvenienced, jeez bro
local cambridge weirdo
So, is this project (approved by council) a different one at Mill and Ottawa?

Quote:166 mid-rise units by the Mill ION light rail station near Mill Street and Ottawa Street South. Council's changes respond to the “missing middle” by changing the Official Plan designation from low-rise residential to medium-rise residential. The proposed development consists of 166 residential units, including 110 one-bedroom units, 49 two-bedroom units, and seven three-bedroom units along with 157 parking spaces located underground and in the rear yard.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »