Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
459 Mill St | 15, 21, 31, 40 and 44 fl | Proposed
From https://renx.ca/polocorp-build-5-tower-1...-kitchener

Quote:The development will be built in phases and is expected to take more than 10 years to complete.

The first building to be constructed will be the 44-storey tower that will integrate with the LRT stop. Sales are expected to launch in late 2024 or early 2025.

Hopefully they build the additional two towers at some point. The 5 were approved, but they also have plans to build two more on the properties directly beside the golf course.
Ten years sucks, but when you look at how long some other projects have taken its not out of line with Waterloo region pacing
(05-12-2023, 07:10 AM)Spokes Wrote: Ten years sucks, but when you look at how long some other projects have taken its not out of line with Waterloo region pacing

Well the former Schneider Factor is in year 4 of 10 year for the redevelopment plan and nothing has been built. The barrel yards are in what year 23? of the 10 year plan. Things seem to take a lot longer in this region compared to Mississauga or Vaughn. . I have no faith that this will be completely built out in 10 years. But I would be happy if the developer could prove me wrong.
(05-12-2023, 08:37 AM)westwardloo Wrote: The barrel yards are in what year 23? of the 10 year plan.

Excavation of the towers started in 2014.
(05-12-2023, 11:12 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 08:37 AM)westwardloo Wrote: The barrel yards are in what year 23? of the 10 year plan.

Excavation of the towers started in 2014.

After city approval in 2008 and first being proposed in around 2004. I get things take time and there was a major housing recession, but we have too many single developer master planned neighbourhood in this region.  As an aside, I truly hope this redevelopment turns out better than the Barrel yards.
They demolished 455 Mill St. today.

(02-12-2024, 05:44 PM)Acitta Wrote: They demolished 455 Mill St. today.

They also have permits issued for the demolition of the industrial building at 485 Mill St. A month or two ago they cut down all the large coniferous trees on that property. Currently none of the other properties have any building permit applications.
(02-12-2024, 07:19 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:

They also have permits issued for the demolition of the industrial building at 485 Mill St. A month or two ago they cut down all the large coniferous trees on that property. Currently none of the other properties have any building permit applications.

I think that the other houses are still occupied.
Through the Growing Together project Polocorp had a meeting with the city which ultimately resulted in the removal of the site specific regulations surrounding parking, based on the passed OPA/ZBA they were required to have 1150 parking spaces, but now they require zero so it won't be surprising if there is a significant drop in parking here once they start construction.

In other news the property immediately next to the Delta Elevators building has had its buildings demolished and for the last few weeks they have been doing some substantial soil remediation.
(02-12-2024, 07:19 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:

Is Ernst Landscaping still in business?
Once this project goes into full construction, I wonder if they will maintain the newer MUT along Mill ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »