Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick (197 Frederick St) | 10 fl | proposed
(11-05-2019, 08:34 PM)BruceAshe Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 08:23 PM)westwardloo Wrote: I like it. I live in the neighborhood and welcome more density. It is a desirable place to live in the city. I think it is the perfect location for a mid rise condo building. It's not that far from fredrick station. I personally don't see how the nieghbourhood would be against this project. It's not really in the single family part. I can see maybe the 2 houses across the street being concerned, but the step backs seem reasonable enough and the majority of the shadows would fall on the new police hq across the way.

It'll be other people like me with kids that go to Suddaby that will object. I think this area is perfect for redevelopment and have a soft spot for flatirons buildings, but it's the process of getting to the finished stage I don't love. I'll admit to this purely being personal though. I live in King East and work downtown and I'm getting burnt out with the construction. I don't expect it to stop just for me and I do look forward to the improvements to my neighbourhood.
So I guess you're not against the development you just don't like the idea of potential dump trucks causing delays while dropping your kids off? From the render it seems like there is a large section close to the school that is surface parking which would probably be the staging area. And fredrick street which is 4 lanes at that location would be the only street effected. I will admit they seem pretty naive to think construction start 2020 and finished by 2021.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - by westwardloo - 11-05-2019, 08:55 PM