Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick (197 Frederick St) | 10 fl | proposed
I have come across a couple Realtor listings for these condos. I didn't realize that this project had officially been approved.
https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/24646...-kitchener

Wow me neither

And the listing says breaking ground very soon. For what it's worth.
That is one big kitchen at 52'x26'.
Maintenance fees are only 51 cents per month, too!
This looks so much like a Prica project now
(07-12-2022, 11:58 AM)jamincan Wrote: Maintenance fees are only 51 cents per month, too!

With no chance that they'll increase soon after the building opens!
I attended the neighbourhood meeting about this building back in Nov 2019, and took some photos of the renders that they were proposing then, including floorplans for the commercial at ground level and some information on number of units and parking spaces. Not sure how much this has changed when they reworked the design, but it's an interesting place to start.

(Sorry if the pictures come out too big or small - this is my first time posting on the site after lurking for the better part of 6 months, and adding photos to posts has me a tad confused).

So nothing seems to have happened in the past few months at this site, since the sign went up outside of the old Tim's building with the website and "Coming Soon!" advertised. But I just tried to check the website to see if there was any new information or floorplans, and it appears to be down entirely? The website definitely doesn't show up on a Google search anymore, and there aren't any units listed for sale on realtor.ca (there were a handful a few months ago). I wonder if something has stalled out or been cancelled.
A lot of condo projects are on hold right now. Purpose-built rentals seem to be much less affected by the real estate slowdown.
That's a shame, I've really been looking forward to having some new retail/restaurants within easy walking distance of my house! I think the original pre-COVID plans had this one scheduled to be wrapping up construction right about now, so it's a little disappointing that nothing's been started at all.
Drove past this site yesterday, and noticed that the old Tims property has been all closed off with construction fencing. Possibly a sign of upcoming construction? Website is still down, though.
At least one of the adjacent properties on Lancaster is currently being demolished. I was on the Suddaby yard, so I couldn't get a good look to see if it's more than one but I believe the plan had a few of the houses marked for demoing.
(02-07-2023, 08:58 AM)BruceAshe Wrote: At least one of the adjacent properties on Lancaster is currently being demolished. I was on the Suddaby yard, so I couldn't get a good look to see if it's more than one but I believe the plan had a few of the houses marked for demoing.

I believe the two (maybe 3?) houses behind the Tim's along Lancaster St are getting demoed for this project. Glad to see that something is finally happening here!

Tim's is being demoed this morning.
Everything is down, now. (Please excuse the smear on the photo - I took this shot really fast at a red light, and the windshield was messier than I realized).

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »