Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Society 145 | 23 fl | U/C
Icon 145
145 Columbia st, Waterloo
http://www.icon145condos.com/
Developer: Rise Real Estate
Architect: SRM Architects
25 story building with 6 story podium, 216 residential units.

according to the development's website this project is now sold out.
I noticed that in the past couple weeks, they finally fenced off the long commercial building, and have begun demolition.
May 1, 2015 - Demolition of the previous building is well underway

[Image: DLw0QKg.png]

[Image: DAMk18H.png]
According to their website, this phase of the project is sold out.
What do you guys think of icon 145? Is it a good investment choice? Will it have the same amenities as icon 330... Which one would be a better investment?

Also I think This is projected to finish September 2017, there won't be any delays hopefully right ? since its one building only
I would expect delays, it's a construction project. 1 Columbia was only one building and it ran into move-in issues. Other properties in the area have had similar challenges meeting their opening dates.

Thanks Markster for bringing the development changes to Icon 145 to light. I thought that building C was always intended to be 25 storys. Last I had seen I didn't think building D was still in the picture.

Details here:

http://www.waterloo.ca/en/business/145_C...Street.asp
Has work begun on this project? I have not been in the area for a while.
Last time I was by there, a week ago, at night, it didn't seem like anything was happening. I think they've been concentrating on finishing ICON 330.
I am surprised that this project has not progressed.
Are the other two 100% done?
Pretty much yeah. The retail units look ready for possession, and that always seems to be one of the last things.

Article on the team behind this project, makes me have doubts whether it will actually happen.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/808...-building/
Wait, this one's not actually under construction is it?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »