Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seven Years of WRC!
Seven years!  Can you believe it.  I certainly can't.  I still remember sitting at my kitchen table setting up waterlooregionconnected.com having NO clue what I was doing.  From the start of WRC in it's ugly blue theme on phpbb to where we are now, we've certainly come a long way.   Thank you for continuing to make WRConnected the best (IMO) online community in Waterloo Region!  Some of you have been around since the start, and others are new members, and I wanted to say thank you to each and every one of you.  

While each and every one of you deserve a ton of credit for the success of these forums, I did want to take a second to single out a couple of individuals.  Tomh009 does so much behind the scenes work, much of it that goes unnoticed.  Thank you!  Plam has helped me with so many things server/hosting related that I can't even begin to understand.  Thank you!  Bgb_ca has been working on the WRC Wiki which is soon to be released and it looks awesome.  Thank you for all your hard work on that.  

So long story short, WRC doesn't become what it is without all of you, so thank you!

Justin

It's been a great oasis from so much of the awfulness that you can find online. Thanks so much for all the work everyone has done for keeping this going!
Thanks for all your efforts in launching this website and keeping it going! And thank you to the others who assist with other aspects of the website and provide moderation. It has become a great resource for the discussion of various things relating to Waterloo Region and is a lot superior to that whatever the name of that old website was which was similar but ultimately shut down.

This has made me wonder...does anyone think a Discord server relating to this website would have any success? While this website definitely offers the best way of having discussions, a live instant messaging service might be a good way to have discussions as well.
Thank you Spokes and thank you to everyone who keeps this site running. I don't comment often, but I read a lot of posts here, and it really has made me feel much more connected to all of Waterloo region.
Thanks guys!
This is a great community and a great resource for the Waterloo Region. Here's to another 7 years.

And if anyone wants to help start writing articles for the upcoming WIKI, please PM me Smile
Thanks to Spokes (and the rest of the moderating team!) for keeping this place running for seven years. Let's see what the next seven brings.

On a random trivia note, what other "big things" in the Region haven't lasted seven years (from any point in the last 200 years)? The only two that I can think of right now is the Waterloo-St. Jacobs Railway which lasted three years from 1997-1999, Lot42 (4 years?). If this site outlasts the Barrelyards construction, it will probably be celebrating 20 years! (too soon?)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »