Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Kraus Development (525-565 Conestogo Road) | 3-35 fl | Proposed
(12-05-2023, 10:15 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: 12-tower redevelopment of Kraus carpet factory aims to ‘cater to modern urban families’ in Waterloo

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...b3b01.html

Loving the comments! Hilarious how some people view the world, my goodness

(12-06-2023, 06:30 PM)Kodra24 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 10:15 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: 12-tower redevelopment of Kraus carpet factory aims to ‘cater to modern urban families’ in Waterloo

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...b3b01.html

Loving the comments! Hilarious how some people view the world, my goodness

So does that mean unless someone views things the way you do, they should be laughed at ?
Haha, of course! If you aren't thinking like the rest of the hivemind you are stupid and deserve ridicule.
(12-07-2023, 03:22 PM)ac3r Wrote: Haha, of course! If you aren't thinking like the rest of the hivemind you are stupid and deserve ridicule.

LOL,  thanks for making me laugh Smile
This is called “Conestoga Park Square”
(12-07-2023, 07:49 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: This is called “Conestoga Park Square”

Interesting.  I don't think K-W has many park squares.
(12-07-2023, 08:00 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 06:30 PM)Kodra24 Wrote: Loving the comments! Hilarious how some people view the world, my goodness

So does that mean unless someone views things the way you do, they should be laughed at ?

Laughing is by far the most positive reaction to some of the views people hold... And I'm not talking about your run of the mill echo chamber (such as this forum), but the individuals whose thought process seem to have completely lost contact with reality.

And not to speak for the other commenter, but it's not laughing at the views of others, so no need to be defensive. It's laughing so you don't have to confront the reality of what you've just read...

(12-08-2023, 02:14 AM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 08:00 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: So does that mean unless someone views things the way you do, they should be laughed at ?

Laughing is by far the most positive reaction to some of the views people hold... And I'm not talking about your run of the mill echo chamber (such as this forum), but the individuals whose thought process seem to have completely lost contact with reality.

And not to speak for the other commenter, but it's not laughing at the views of others, so no need to be defensive. It's laughing so you don't have to confront the reality of what you've just read...

Oh i am not being defensive...  trust me, I take nothing online seriously.  Being offended by something on the internet is akin to purposely stepping in dog shit instead of walking around it....Smile
(12-08-2023, 02:14 AM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 08:00 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: So does that mean unless someone views things the way you do, they should be laughed at ?

Thanks for breaking it down for me to the 2 posters above - I forgot to ask for permission to laugh it seems

And they'll have the "Conestoga Square Park" in the centre, between the buildings ...
(12-10-2023, 07:12 PM)tomh009 Wrote:

And they'll have the "Conestoga Square Park" in the centre, between the buildings ...

Conestoga Park Square Park.
12 tower development approved for 65 Northfield Dr. West
https://kitchener.citynews.ca/2023/12/12...d-dr-west/
More housing stock is never a bad thing right now.

Does housing demand swing one way or the other by a significant margin towards SFH vs condo? Anyone know?

(12-14-2023, 07:39 AM)Spokes Wrote: More housing stock is never a bad thing right now.

Does housing demand swing one way or the other by a significant margin towards SFH vs condo?  Anyone know?

Kind of hard to answer without taking cost into account, no?   All other things being equal, SFH would be massively favoured, one would think.
(12-14-2023, 09:01 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 07:39 AM)Spokes Wrote: More housing stock is never a bad thing right now.

Does housing demand swing one way or the other by a significant margin towards SFH vs condo?  Anyone know?

Kind of hard to answer without taking cost into account, no?   All other things being equal, SFH would be massively favoured, one would think.

Not necessarily. I have a friend who just sold her SFH (duplex, rented out one floor to a family while she lived on the other floor) because the property maintenance was a huge demand on her time that she couldn't reasonably meet anymore (mowing the lawn, clearing snow, raking leaves, cleaning garden beds, etc). She loved the property but realized that she wasn't getting enough out of it to justify all the hassle. So she's now in the process of finding a condo in the downtown core that's closer to the places she likes to spend her time, anyway.

I think it's also important to remember that people's needs change over time. I currently live in a SFH with my young family, but one day that house will be too much for us, whether it's the stairs or the property maintenance or that it's just too much space, and we will likely move to a nice condo at that time and free up our SFH for the next young family.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »